Gas IN MY OIL!?

Matt94pathy4x4

My 94 pathy xe 4x4 is acting up. I ran it down the road today and it did fine until you get into the gas a little. It doesn't want to go I've a few thousand rpms. And the longer it runs. The lower rpms it is willing to climb too until finnallt it just sputters erraticlly and won't even start. Like it's getting flooded or gas at the wrong time. I threw a 51 trouble code in mode 3 and this indicates injector circuit. I HD mybrother pull me home on a Chain because it wouldn't idle for ten seconds. Even if yu give it gas it's bad. Suggestions? It has 240000 on it... We've done the fuel filter, spark plugs and wires , distributor cap, and timing belts, I think it may rns the injectors. The oil smells like gas and I'm pretty sure it was gas spitting out of the wexaust

the o rings on your injector are shot causing the gas to leak in Mr.Jim had this problem maybe he will chime in, try searching for his post

You sound very confident in this. Ha. I hope your right man. I'm just a sixteen year old trying yl get to school and work!

the o rings on your injector are shot causing the gas to leak in Mr.Jim had this problem maybe he will chime in, try searching for his post

like i said in the thread he's talking about, I had similar happen to my 4runner. thinned my oil out horribly. It is definatly a possibility for ya though. Curiosity, yo uhave the timing set right? could be throwign spark at the wrong time not burning the fuel, lettign it fill the oilpan with fuel... just openly thinking...

like i said in the thread he's talking about, I had similar happen to my 4runner. thinned my oil out horribly. It is definatly a possibility for ya though. Curiosity, yo uhave the timing set right? could be throwign spark at the wrong time not burning the fuel, lettign it fill the oilpan with fuel... just openly thinking...

Ya the thing runs like a champ at first. No problems what so ever. It's just the longe it drive the worse this problem shows it's ugly face. Then I turnnit off let it sit Over night then it's fine but it will start doing the same thing. It's a great looking truck. I love the thing. I just wanna get it fixed.

Or coolant temp sensor.

My temp gauge doesn't ever read much at all it doesn't go but a cm or two higher than it would if the motor was off and hasn't been on at all that day. Driving it for any amount of time will not raise it. Your saying that might be my problem ?

Not the gauge sensor, the ECM Coolant Temperature Sensor. There are two different sensors. It tells the computer how warm the engine is and the computer interprets that as how much fuel to deliver. It's a problematic sensor, and can easily disable a truck in a hurry. This sensor went out on my '87 I had, it used over a half a tank of gas in 14 miles and would barely run when it completely failed.

The MAF is the Mass Air Flow Sensor.

The MAF is the little black box on the "silver" piece above your filter, that has wires sticking out of it.

Since your truck starts out smooth, I would rule it out, but a quick check would be when it acts up, try wiggling the wire and see if it smooths back out.

If it takes the same amount of time it would seem like the 02 sensor or the Coolant temperature sensor. Try unplugging the o2 sensor and see if it runs better. It is one of the connections at the little post of them near the power steering fluid reservoir. I believe the wires are white and black there are 3 wires.

• 5 weeks later...

Passenger side near the oil filter/starter?? If so, it is the oil pressure sender wire (pressure sender unit is screwed into the block next to the oil filter). If not, what the hell are you talking about?? :scratchhead:

B

hes talking his alternator plug boot i think, only orange cap ive seen.

and i have the same gas in oil issue buuut not runnin like that..

try running a bottle or three of lucas fuel injector cleaner. (i ran about 12oz, haha.. three is suggested dose for 10gal/gas) which makes four bottles i used but i just bought the huge bottle. if that don't work then i have noooo idea man, i'm watching this one too. the lucas leveled out my rough running last time it reared it's head. it's probably a temp. fix but it's where im at too.

• 2 weeks later...

The o-rings sound right. I wouldnt worrie about the temp gauge until you've ruled out that the o-rings are not bad.

Most of these trucks temp gauges do not move very much, mine was like that, the gauge would hardly move between cold and warm but it always put off heat.

• 4 months later...

HEYHEYHEY! figured it out! it was sopmething that was under the distributor cap it was clogged and dirty as hell.runs like a chamop now!and the temp is fine it doesnt move much but like you said it puts off heat.

Under the distributor cap is the rotor, yes if it's corroded it will not transmit the proper spark to the plug wires and make it run like sheit.

However, it has nothing to do with anything temperature related. Coincidence.