Power Windows Slowing Down

Howie

Yes, I do. Gosh I hate it. Sometimes it doesn't even roll all the way down under it's own power. I was planning on taking them apart, cleaning and re-greasing the gear stuff, but it got too cold.

Jose

Yeah, that's exactly what mine do. I have to swipe a key card to get into work every morning, and I get scared the thing will get stuck down. But it goes up much faster than it goes down, even if it doesn't go down all the way. I might take it apart when the weather warms up, but I suspect things will be back to normal then.

They must have not run these things through the Infiniti cold weather testing center.

--Howie

Theres a trick to silicone spray, put all the windows down as far as possible.

Shake up the can stick the thin nozzle into both window tracks per window, so 8 different lube points. With the window down you can easily see the track of the window.

Spray down those tracks LIBERALLY, no little squirt squirt, it takes alot of lube to clean out a dirty track, takes me a whole can the first time I do it everyyear. I used maybe 1/3 can everytime I just feel like doing it, you really want to lube those tracks and get the gunk out.

Throw the window up and down a couple times, repeat if you want.

The most important part is just geting right into the track so your not just lubing the inside of your door and are actually geting the track, and most people just spray for 1-2 seconds and think there done. SOAK IT

I live on a dirt road so I do this $3 treatment twice or so a year

I'm sorry, but I think it's funny a guy from Los Angeles started this thread.

I need to update my profile. I live in Evansville, IN. It's 15 degrees out now.

--Howie

:aok:

Privileges to whine about the cold temps reinstated. :D

Oh whew, thanks. :itsallgood: But I thought for sure I was going to get flack from the Canadian about 15 degrees being NOTHING, and don't even bother until it's 15 degrees BELOW.

Although, I did buy some windshield washer fluid rated for 20 below, which I never had to do in Los Angeles. I just used plain water! No more...

--Howie

Awesome...I'm not the only dingbat on here with that same problem and like pathfounder said....it's a little weird when a cop pulls you over and you have to open the door. I thought I was going to get shot lol. Hopefully get around to doing this soon then if it's a diy in the garage fix.

Happens to me every winter. The first time it happened my passenger window just never went down. I thought I was going to have to buy a new motor, but as soon as spring came around, it just started to work again. Don't know what causes it but I just lock my windows in the winter so when someone gets in they don't roll it down and let it get stuck.