Panhard Drop Bracket!

01silvapathy

Okay so at the moment with my new lift in the rear my axle is pushed to the passenger side an inch or so....no biggie for driving on the street but it is an issue as soon as I go wheel and flex up the axle. My tire rubs on the shock at near full flex wearing off the paint as well as making a TERRIBLE NOISE! It pretty much stops the truck too. So my question is how much do I know to drop the panhard? I have a 4in sfd but the rear spacers were no where near 4in. So my real question is whats the angle of the panhard on a stock rig or how much do I know to drop it? Should I go with the height of the spacers or just go with 4in? Keep in mind I have the 2in lift coils ontop of the lift. Looking to do this tomorrow or saturday since its my last weekend here at school where I have the tools needed to do this. Thanks for the help guys! And here are some quick pics

002-10.jpg

003-9.jpg

And I know that this could most likely be remedied with larger offset wheels since they are the stock bs...and im on 11.5 wide tires. But I dont have the money for them and ill just get it to where its as close to stock as possible.

panhard rod should be parallel to the axle.

Correct. When the panhard rod is parallel to the axle, it has the least horizontal displacement when the axle travels. Measure the difference in heights of each end of the rod. That difference is how much the rod needs to be dropped on the chassis end (or raised at the axle end).

When I lifted my wd21 I ran without one for a bit, didn't really notice anything, even wheeling at full flex. Then when I got it, at full flex my axle was located to the point that flexing both directions, wheels rubbed on the frame. Was weird.

panhard_drop1.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

Okay this seems easy enough to make. If im reading this correct than there are two sleeves that go in the top for support...I guess to keep it from pinching together once torqued. Thanks alot for the pics man, im a visual learner so its extremely helpful!

Okay this seems easy enough to make. If im reading this correct than there are two sleeves that go in the top for support...I guess to keep it from pinching together once torqued. Thanks alot for the pics man, im a visual learner so its extremely helpful!

No prob, and it has metal sleeves that are welded in for the bolts to go through to keep it from pinching like you said; you will have to drill a hole for the second bolt but otherwise its not that hard to do. I used a jack and a hammer to get the panhard in the new holder.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

Correct. When the panhard rod is parallel to the axle, it has the least horizontal displacement when the axle travels. Measure the difference in heights of each end of the rod. That difference is how much the rod needs to be dropped on the chassis end (or raised at the axle end).

3-7 degrees higer on the right side will cause a slight downforce on the axle whenever it tries to shift to the right (hard acceleration).

But then again; one these are not muscle cars and two the r50 panhard is on the left side of the frame making it akward to locate the frame side panhard below the axle on a 4x4

Thanks again for all the helps guys, I finally got it done tonight took us 6 hours to get a completed drop bracket cause we made two lol. We followed the plans from above and made it and realized it looks like crap when its on there, so we modified it to be alot easier to make and lower profile so it does not stick out as much. Here is a teaser pic, I will make a legit thread on it tomorrow but its 3 30 am here and im goin to bed!

027-4.jpg