Winter trail run! Feb 19th! Tahuya!

5523Pathfinder

Ok, locals, what do you think of a run in the winter? I was thinking maybe a Tahuya run, cause Im sure there will pleanty of rain-water-mud built up by then. Tahuya would be good for newbies. Just thought I would throw it out there and see what everyone thought. Plus, this would give us time to talk about Mr.Jim run 3!

Lets hear it....

Please go to the last page in this thread and add yourself if you are coming!!!

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any word of when on this one yet?

It's been two days! haha, this is just a tentative feeler. Seems like there is good enough interest, so hopefully Derek will pipe in soon for when he wants to do this. Tahuya isn't anywhere near as challenging as Evans Creek but I'm sure it would still be fun with it all sloppy!

What's it Tahuya?

Sorry, local joke. :lol:

I'm down to go. I've only been there twice in the last year and a half... in spite of one of my houses being 10 minutes away! It should be sorta soft out there and there will be (optional) deep water in several places. It never really gets all that muddy at Tahuya as the primary soil is a hard-packing glacial till affectionately referred to by locals as "Tahuya Concrete". There are a few good mud holes and some of the hill climbs get pretty well eroded and chewed up. Tahuya is a great place for stock trucks. To anyone that's got little or no experience and/or does not want to risk damaging their truck: Tahuya is a great place for you to have some fun. There are man-made rock obstacles and climbs that challenge anything, including my Unimog, but most of Tahuya is relatively tame. All terrains work great there. The one thing I suggest on picking a date is that we be sure there isn't an enduro motorcycle race going on. They run a couple a year I think and effectively use up the whole friggin' place. Mountain bikers hold some events there too. I know the right people to talk to and will find out what's scheduled when. What approximate time frame were you thinking? January maybe? :shrug:

Feb works for me, give me a chance to get a strap for when I get stuck going up them slick hills, with my 2 wheel wonder :tongue:

Red, I may need to borrow your winch :)

Also found out that smell wasn't my clutch but my left front caliper hanging.... Burning brakes don't smell very well.