what does everyone do for work?

ahardb0dy

Was thinking about starting this topic because I thought it might come in handy if someone needs something made, who knows what talent and capability some of us may have.

For example I may need to have a part made and was wondering maybe someone on here can do machining.

So my expertise wouldn't be of much help here but I started the thread so I will put down what I do, I work in the county water dept, not much use with the pathfinder.

Sorry if a topic like this has already been started.

so everyone add what you do either for a living or on the side, thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my boss owns a repair shop, towing and express lube and i work in the lube center

useful but i doubt anyone wants to travel to buellton ca to get your pathy worked on

Edited by ANDY

I work on airplanes doing sheetmetal and fabrication. This job includes allot of other aspects such as composite work with materials like carbon fiber, fiberglass, boron epoxy airamids, kevlar... oh wow, the list jut goes on and on... I haven't even scratched the surface yet. This is my primary specialty.

Secondly I am a Ceremonial Guardsman preforming militay funerals across Western Washington and North Western Oregon.

Edited by MY1PATH

I drive a desk designing furniture layouts for ferries all over the world. The company I work for makes the furniture, we have a full cnc shop, which has certainly come in handy for my terrano. (Rear hatch glass hinges, body lift, roof basket and sway bar disconnectors so far)

I own a shoring business. We do commercial and residential drilling jobs, rock bolts, soil nails, micropiles. hang off cliffs scaling lose rock, hang the mesh on cliffs to help stop rocks from rolling onto roads, redo tunnels, All sorts of fun stuff.

Also nothing to do with a pathfinder, though I have used the pathfinder's lights when we work those 16 hour shifts....

first 15 years of my life working with horses (never stopped, just not paid for it now), past 10 yrs management jobs (HVAC, U Haul, HOA's). I also have a class A license and drove semi's for 5 years, but my broken body couldn't handle the long days. (I drove OTR)

Now I am a full time student. Going for my assoc in applied science to be a paralegal, while continuing my studies to a BA in criminal justice and psychology.

I am useful to Pathfinders because I build them, fix them, and love them :tongue:

I do diamond turning; cutting optics or other precise tolerance work with diamonds on a fancy lathe. Not much use to pathfinders either but I've worked my way up from drill press operator #4 so I can run almost any machine and machine almost anything. The biggest issue is finding the time and will to make things out side of work.

B

Wrecker/flatbed driver since I could see over the wheel and reach the pedals and a wrench since I knew "righty tighty-lefty loosy" (besides those sneaky lefthand threads...) In other words, destine to do manual labor for a long time. :coffee!:

I work on airplanes doing sheetmetal and fabrication. This job includes allot of other aspects such as composite work with materials like carbon fiber, fiberglass, boron epoxy airamids, kevlar... oh wow, the list jut goes on and on... I haven't even scratched the surface yet. This is my primary specialty.

Secondly I am a Ceremonial Guardsman preforming militay funerals across Western Washington and North Western Oregon.

know anyone by doolittle from last summer? she was also a ceremonial guardsman..