The Proper way to Deep Fry a Turkey!

Nytrosfinder

Actually, it works really well. The turkey is cooked very quickly (20-30 minutes?) and is seared/sealed so the oil does not penetrate and the turkey remains juicy.

Deep fried twinkies, on the other hand...

B

• Like 1

We got tired of messing with the oil, so we tried the Char Broil

Big easy I guess you could call it convection cooking a 14 lb bird took a little over 2 hours we did 2 birds for thanksgiving and every one said they had never seen a turkey breast as juicy as those 2 were.

what I liked was no waiting for the oil to heat up, no worry about a grease fire, no waiting for the oil to cool down to pump and filter it out. Or wondering what to do with the oil after it had been used.

We did a 3rd bird a couple of days later and then had the 5 gallon propane tank refilled and it only took 1.27 gallons, pretty good if you ask me :laugh:

You had it on low and in a pan?? What temp if you used a thermometer?? Just curious because I brined a turkey breast, cold smoked it for 12 hours and then baked it. I'm regretting that I didn't hot smoke it until done, but hey, it's still quite good and I learned something.

B

Yeah deep fried turkey is the bomb! Its about 20 times better than baked turkey...the flavor is intense. I rarely get deep fried turkey so its a treat whenever I get it!

i still need to try a chicken-fried steak!!

OMG YES! Chicken Fried Steak is awesome! I had never had it until I moved to Texas, and O man is it good! Every thursday at lunch in the campus dining hall, they have chicken fried steak...its the best meal of the week!!!

:scratchhead:

It's a hamburger in Shake'n'Bake, nothing special. Though if you want to try something different, you can use it to make poor man's Veal Parmesan. :shrug:

My eaten habits ain't that great (ok they suck) but dam you people need to live some! Deep frying and Shake-n-Bake style cooking ain't anything special :shrug:

You had it on low and in a pan?? What temp if you used a thermometer?? Just curious because I brined a turkey breast, cold smoked it for 12 hours and then baked it. I'm regretting that I didn't hot smoke it until done, but hey, it's still quite good and I learned something.

B

We cooked it for 2 hours and checked it with a thermometer in the breast and the thigh and it was reading 165, There is an inner liner that sits above the fire ring, and then a basket that goes inside the liner and the turkey or whatever your cooking sits in the basket.

We've smoked them before and its about a 12 hour or more depending on the size of the bird, but darn they do taste good the big easy

Edited by vagabond