My Timing belt blew up

Ramon

Well what to said this really make me sad I was driving to school when suddenly my truck stalls, the reason My timing belt blew up now I'm sorry to said that my pathy dies.

Now what do you guys suggest me to do? Sell it at a junk yard or used to learn how it works and disarm it all?

I bought my pathfinder with a broken timing belt. After taking everything apart, I only had to replace the belt and one lifter. You never know, you may have gotten lucky and not done too much damage. Good luck!

you been through enough already with your Pathfinder, why not give it some love back and try a rebuild? (if you have the time/space/money that is of course, I know not everybody has money trees growing in their back yards)

you been through enough already with your Pathfinder, why not give it some love back and try a rebuild? (if you have the time/space/money that is of course, I know not everybody has money trees growing in their back yards)

Yeas you are right personally I don't have time and space a little of money may be but I think is enough of her she was actually been hit on side doors .

I bought my pathfinder with a broken timing belt. After taking everything apart, I only had to replace the belt and one lifter. You never know, you may have gotten lucky and not done too much damage. Good luck!

Umm ok i see... the timing belt is cheap so... why not? I will try

hey Ramon, sorry it took bad news to bring you back to us. I hope all else is well.

You did well with you valve cover gaskets a while back so I am sure a timing belt is well within your ablilites.

As long as none of the valves struck you should be fine.

when the truck stalled, did you try to restart your truck after it stalled?

Yea he may get luck but thats a silly question to ask. What's the first thing anyone does when their engine stalls? Say "what the hell" and hit the key! Lol!

James

Yea he may get luck but thats a silly question to ask. What's the first thing anyone does when their engine stalls? Say "what the hell" and hit the key! Lol!

James

not a pathfinder owner who knows about the timing belt problems........

• 2 weeks later...

when the truck stalled, how fast were you going? did you try to restart your truck after it stalled? if the answer is under 50mph and no, then you just may get lucky :aok:

unfortunatelly i was on high way and I try before truck stops :-( Is ok I can fix it by my seelf it will be let's say my new years resolution :D

James

Actually I did about 4 times LOL

hey Ramon, sorry it took bad news to bring you back to us. I hope all else is well.

You did well with you valve cover gaskets a while back so I am sure a timing belt is well within your ablilites.

As long as none of the valves struck you should be fine.

I will repair it :-)

yeah good luck man i hope u can fix it! this happened to me in my 93 but my frame was rotted out so i junked it i bet your frame is good motors are cheap so its free to take that apart and see the damage if its not bad the nfix it if its bad swap a vg33!

Sorry to hear this man...but you can do this repair and you could do it fairly cheap (under $400)

here is what i would do (what i did)

1. get a new timing belt and install it

2. turn the engine over by hand to make sure there is no "hang ups" or hard spots

3. if that's good crank her up

4. if its missing check your timing from the timing belt install

5. if its still missing you can use isolated pliers to pull 1 spark plug wire off the dizzy at a time

6. if the engine idle hcanges or it dies when you pull that wire that cylinder is firing; if not then you more than likely hit a valve and the valves in that cylinder need to be replaced

so if you do have bent valves you have 2 options, replace the heads with a different set or rebuild the ones you have...when i broke mine i didnt have a set of extra heads and the JY i was part time working in didnt have a trashed engine i could take heads off of so we rebuilt it...you could also do a compression test...

I had no experience in this and the gf at that time's dad helped me out and the job wasn't bad.

Tools needed:

-------------

1. torque wrench

2. alan socket for head bolts (IIRC it was 10mm)

3. valve spring compressor

4. valve lapper and compound (the one we got was like 5-10)

5. FSM Reference

6. Metric sockets (8, 10, 12, 14)

Parts needed:

-------------

1. master gasket set (this has head gaskets, valve seals, cam seals, instake gaskets, valve cover gaskets, etc)

2. 6 intake valves (we replaced all to not take the chance that a valve in anohter cylinder may have been bent)

3. 6 exhaust valves (same as #2)

My trophies (2nd one from the right is straight):

20500780046_large.jpg

20500780045_large.jpg