eletrical help

Nismojunky

i need some help

im going to be running dual battery's i also want to run dual altys, what i want to do it have both altys charge the main battery and transfer power to the rear battery i want the rear battery isolated how can i do this most idolaters ive found or looked at said not to use the rear battery as a power source just as a backup for starting , i want to run my subs inverter and oba off the rear battery how can i do this?

im not sure that 2 alternators would be cost effective.

here is my solution, on z31performance.com lots of people have tried many different alternators.

the most common being a maxima 90amp, quest/villager 110amp and the 350z wich is somewhere around 110 amps i think.

i personally did the quest alternator on my vg30, it was pretty much a bolt on affair and almost double the ammount of amperage.

also in my stock pathfinder i run 15"PPI sub with an 800watt pioneer amp, and its worked great for the last 2 years.

i have a 140A military alty coming and i brand new reman 90A i want to run both with the sound system thats going to be installed im going to need it plus with all the lights and winch i plan on having the extra juice will be needed

i need some help

im going to be running dual battery's i also want to run dual altys, what i want to do it have both altys charge the main battery and transfer power to the rear battery i want the rear battery isolated how can i do this most idolaters ive found or looked at said not to use the rear battery as a power source just as a backup for starting , i want to run my subs inverter and oba off the rear battery how can i do this?

You cant run two independant alternators tied to the same system! you will fry both alternator regulators and probably all the electronics in the vehicle alnog with the wiring.

You cant run two independant alternators tied to the same system! you will fry both alternator regulators and probably all the electronics in the vehicle alnog with the wiring.

I would think that it MIGHT be possible to make it work somehow, but you'd need to be installing a bunch of isolating diodes etc. so you can insure that the alternators can't interact with each other etc. Probably not recommended unless you have a good handle on electronics!

Why not? Magregor did it on his wd21 and had no problems. So did another member near me.

Robb PM magregor or pathie4me, they both live in ottawa and have done dual alternator installs.