Dome Light

trenton163

It had beend happening randomly for about a month, then about two weeks ago it just stopped working altogether. I tried replacing the bulb but it still won't come on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

sometimes the contacts on the dome switch get a little corroded so you just wiggle the switch and whack the dome then it works again

if the fuse was bad, the whole interior would be dark as it is fused to ROOM LAMP

I have removed, replaced or cleaned up the dome light-switch in the bottom right-hand corner of the driver door frame a couple of times now.

I would start there, but frankly when I experienced these problems, the manual switch worked, so you may other issues.  Good luck!  :)  

• 9 months later...

I read some where on here that the rear door latch goes bad, could that affect the dome light? The rear works fine. I took the assembly off and everything looks good, changed the fuse and the bulb. any more ideas?

Thanks

Have you removed the dome lamp and clean the connectors? Not where the bulb connects but where the contacts are for Maybe some corrosion has built up. Try some electrical parts cleaner on the contacts where you switch from manual, door, or off.

Okay so I finally got around to taking it apart and I found that the harness that connects the wires to the dome light assembly looks like it could be shot. I will post some pics when I get a chance. Does anyone know how to get a new one? I have looked online and I can't seem to find it.