Going to twin turbo Pathfinder

slick250

Project is going slow but sure right now. Been real busy at work, but I have the engine and have been gathering a shopping list of parts needed yet for the project. The stock 3.0L is almost ready to be pulled from the vehicle, and I am getting ready to order the lift kit for the suspension.

I need to figure out how to add pictures. Do I have to use an outside host for the pics?

I use tinypic to post my pics, just go to http://tinypic.com/ create your account, upload your pics (into separate folders if you want), after you upload the pics, when you click on each individual pic on the left side it has where i says "grab your code" you just copy the code where it says "img code for forums and message boards" than you just paste the code in your post here.

When you upload the pic to tinypic they give you the option of resizing the pic depending on what resolution you took the pic in, I always have my camera set to the highest resolution and sometimes will select the resize to the 17" monitor setting.

So now that you know POST SOME PICS !!

I use tinypic to post my pics, just go to http://tinypic.com/ create your account, upload your pics (into separate folders if you want), after you upload the pics, when you click on each individual pic on the left side it has where i says "grab your code" you just copy the code where it says "img code for forums and message boards" than you just paste the code in your post here.

When you upload the pic to tinypic they give you the option of resizing the pic depending on what resolution you took the pic in, I always have my camera set to the highest resolution and sometimes will select the resize to the 17" monitor setting.

So now that you know POST SOME PICS !!

Thanks bud! I figured I would have to do something like that. I will try a pic and see if it works.

Lets first try a picture of the vehicle. Its not pretty, but gets abused hard and I am not overly concerned about body appearance, so dont laugh. I may address some rust and dent issues later....maybe. LOL

33mobpj.jpg[/img]

Edited by slick250

Lets try a pic of the VG30DETT engine that basically covers the entire pallet it rests on. LOL. Sorry for picure quality...I took this one with my cell phone.

Edited by slick250

that's just awesome

finally, someone is attempting a VG30DETT swap into a WD21

that means a bulletproof engine and power all in one like it was meant to be :D

PS: if you can't get the engine to fit, try a nice body lift and a suspension lift too maybe

Edited by Tungsten

your pathy tranny will bolt right up to the DE

The transmission will bolt up but a custom flywheel/flex plate needs to be made, and there isn't room for the starter unless the turbo is relocated.

The transmission will bolt up but a custom flywheel/flex plate needs to be made, and there isn't room for the starter unless the turbo is relocated.

This is true, and even with relocated turbos, the pathfinder trans only allows for the smaller clutch/flywheel, which may not handle the power of the turbo engine.

that's just awesome

finally, someone is attempting a VG30DETT swap into a WD21

that means a bulletproof engine and power all in one like it was meant to be :D

PS: if you can't get the engine to fit, try a nice body lift and a suspension too lift maybe

I have a 3" body lift and a Calmini 3" suspension lift ordered already.

This is true, and even with relocated turbos, the pathfinder trans only allows for the smaller clutch/flywheel, which may not handle the power of the turbo engine.

It will handle the power of the engine easily. Get a competition clutch. and the diameter of the flywheel and clutch plate is larger on a Pathfinder than it is on a 300ZX.

It will handle the power of the engine easily. Get a competition clutch. and the diameter of the flywheel and clutch plate is larger on a Pathfinder than it is on a 300ZX.

The bellhousing on a 300zx trans is larger to accomodate the larger flywheel used from all the information I have been reading so far. The TT clutch is larger than the NA clutch for sure....9 7/8 compared to 9 7/16

Also, even the 300zx clutch setup will be extremely stressed in a heavy 4wd application.

Edited by slick250

The DE motors must have the larger clutch then, I do know the SOHC motors have a smaller assembly than a Pathfinder. They are the same size as the KAs and Z24s.

A competition clutch will accommodate the power of the motor you are swapping in, as will the transmission (300ZX people upgrade to a Pathfinder 30A transmission) and rear end.

• 1 month later...

Update on the Pathfinder project. I have been pretty busy at work, but still trying to manage to keep moving forward on Nissan project. I have engine, transmission, and transfer case out... and suspension and body lifts installed.

1yll6o.jpg

Edited by slick250

Here it is...a 5 speed with the turbo style bellhousing (with relocated starter window design)...and a 4WD rear half. I am ready to bolt up the transfer case now.34o4g0g.jpg

Edited by slick250

• 2 months later...

I've been really busy on this project and can now report it is up and running now. Lots of loose ends to finish up but it is CLOSE!!!! I have actually driven it around the block..... I'm getting pretty pumped about this!