Going to twin turbo Pathfinder

slick250

I will have pics available eventually ......so busy now. Firewall in place w no cutouts ...full fenderwells. Just some bending -tweaking. Setting the engine was a real bittch. In and out 13 times!!!! Lots of challenges on the project, and wait till I show the wiring project .....WOW!

A special bracket had to be fabricated just to lift the engine without damaging anything.

DSC00792.jpg

A Ford f150 mount was decided upon to use on the drivers side

DSC00786.jpg

A small corner of rear crossmember had to be removed to clear the starter....It is tight clear back in that area

DSC00788.jpg

The engine was removed one last time to install new flywheel and clutch, button up all loose ends behind engine, and install some nice silicone hoses to replace all the rotted rubber ones.

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00805.jpg

I had to replace the alternator (since somebody in shipping broke it), and modify the bracket for clearance on the engine (frame rail).

DSC00806.jpg

Now.............ON TO THE WIRING!!

DSC00807.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

The ECM is under passenger seat and had to be removed/replaced, and all wiring changed. There are many more pins in the new ECM, so many wires had to be added and ran clear to engine from under seat.

DSC00809.jpg

Make sure you have plenty of wiring diagrams..

DSC00810.jpg

The power steering pump is much different. New pump has dual outlets which you can not just plug. I considered T-ing them together, then finally decided to modify the Pathfinder pump to work on new engine.

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00823.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

After getting the pump mounted and the wiring figured out, I was able to start the engine...with the MAF sensor disconnected due to no intake tubes yet. If fired up after I replaced all the injector harness ends due to lots of corrosion in pigtails (very common problem, and I replaced with new design).

So it is time to finish intake plumbing.

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

I got the hood mounted back on and it clears by a fraction of an inch. I'm trying to get the last few things buttoned together so we can take it to the sand dunes this weekend.

On 1 of my test drives I turned the boost up real high and it would light the tires from a 10 miles per hour roll on when boost came in. Looking forward to this weekend!

Engine And transmission was 1800 dollars. Most of the other stuff was purchased through ebay And probably cost about 2000 total. Under 4000 dollars all together . That's not counting the lift kit, new tires or my time.

The intercoolers may pick up a little bit of hot air but it is still better than having them full of sand. Keep in mind this will be primarily run in the sand dunes. The air moving through the radiator will still be much cooler than turbocharger outlet temperatures

• 2 weeks later...