Secret Santa 2010

Precise1

Hooray another year of Secret Santas!

So for those of you who haven't done this before here's how this works:

Post in here that you want to join up, then send me a PM with: your name (real name is preferred, only use an alias if it's absolutely necessary), your address, and your preference for whether you'd accept an international Santa-ee. The PM is the important part. If you don't PM me you don't get on the list, that simple.

Later after I have closed sign ups you will receive your Santa-ee from me! You then send a gift to that person, and wait patiently for your gift to arrive from your Santa. This is really quite fun, and brings the board together.

RULES

1. Sign ups will end Nov. 28th at 12PM Pacific Time! I will not figure out what time this is for you, you're all grown ups (well age wise at least) figure it out yourself.

2. You MUST send your gift BEFORE Dec 24, 2010. Any gifts that are not received by Jan 1, 2011 will result in contact by the moderators. If you can not prove that you sent a gift (proof means two forms of confirmation IE gift receipt and delivery confirmation number.) Those who do not send a gift will be banned, and I will personally mail you a big lump of dog sh*t. I am not kidding about this. Hell I might make it a monthly subscription.

2.Subsection a. Get a delivery confirmation number and keep all receipts for your gift and shipping! You are responsible for not getting yourself banned. Take pictures of you buying your gift and shipping it if you'd like, the more evidence you have the better.

3. HAVE FUN! Remember this is supposed to be a fun activity. If this doesn't sound like fun to you don't sign up.

4. There is no maximum amount you can spend on your Santa-ee. The minimum amount you should spend is $10, $20 is better. Do unto others applies here. DON'T COMPLAIN IF YOU SENT SOMEBODY AN ARB BUMPER AND GOT A DVD. Times are tough, so if you can give do so! But don't be expecting a lavish gift in return.

5. Put some thought into what you send your Santa-ee. There will be a separate thread to post your wish list after all of the Santa-ee's have been sent out.

6. HAVE FUN! I thought it would be good to put this twice. :D

7. If you haven't been a member for at least three months and/or do not have recent forum activity you won't be allowed to participate. Sorry, but this is a precaution to prevent deadbeat Santas.

I will put up a list here that will be updated daily of who has signed up. If you think your name should be on the list but it isn't assume you have messed up somewhere and send me another PM.

Definitions

Santa: He who sends the gift

Santa-ee: He who receives the gift

You will be somebody's Santa and somebody else's Santa-ee, got it? If not please ask somebody else to explain it to you.

Properly plagerized from SC88Pathy. He did a hell of a job last year and I see no point in trying to recreate his intro. We have 3.5 weeks to sign up, do it the sooner the better.

Remember, this is an international game so consider shipping costs along with gift value.

If you do not wish to play internationally, let me know but it may not work out well depending on participation from your corner of the room.:shrug:

It is always nice if people get their gifts before X-mas so they can open them on the 24th or 25th, depending on preference.

Lastly, if you sign up, please follow through. Ammo is getting expensive...

Let the fun begin!! :beer:

B

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are playing this year

Precise1

MrJim

Nismothunder

Pezzy

Fleurys

Slick

MY1PATH

SilverPath

Adamzan

Koveman

GrimGreg

K9sar

DavefromOZ

Skulptr

TheCrow

MallCrawler99

Tekazgtr1984

SC88Pathy

TerranoNZ

DJDank

Unccpathfinder

4x4white03

KryptonFabrications

We'll set up a wish list once sign ups are done for those who like to specify what their surprise gift is... :scratchhead:

B

lotta volunteers already, this should be a good turn out. this will be my 3rd year.

Remember if u get pezzy go with the peanuts theme, she's been having a yearly trend so far...

Ok, got it...

Looks like a good year, we have 12 confirmed participants in the first 6 hours so I'm guessing we should break 30 or more!! :aok:

Thanks everyone for signing up. We've had good luck and good fun in years past, no reason for that to change now... :beer:

B

and your preference for whether you'd accept an international Santa-ee.

Ajoute Moi aussi :bounce:

I am the one and only member on this side of the planet , this option is none existing in my case

How does the santa santee selection takes place ?

7. If you haven't been a member for at least three months and/or do not have recent forum activity you won't be allowed to participate. Sorry, but this is a precaution to prevent deadbeat Santas.

Is the three month window from the time you sign up or the deadline...... dang I would be like 7 days short :(

I am not trying to lecture but just a note note it is Christmas and not XMas as it is commonly used and changes the whole meaning of this Holiday .

:goodpost: That's like the BS of saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"......