Faulty oil light?

WyKi

Is that possible? my 92 xe 2wd Aut. this afternoon lit up, so i went and added a qt. of oil and it still lit up, it flashes and stays lit, checked the oil and it's full...New oil pressure sensor? is that the one next to the oil filter? thanks.

how viscousious(proably spelt wrong) is your oil, not just how much... could be extremely gas fouled out and in dire need of changing... when was your last oil change? what weight oil you use to begin with?

how viscousious(proably spelt wrong) is your oil, not just how much... could be extremely gas fouled out and in dire need of changing... when was your last oil change? what weight oil you use to begin with?

the viscosity is good. Oil change was about a month ago.. i used 10-30

You should figure it out, because oil is important :) The sensor measures pressure, not level, so you can be full of oil, but if your oil pump is not working for some reason, then light would come on. Oil pump failure should be way less likely than the wire or sensor breaking I think though, thankfully.

Get it checked out, the oil pumps on these engines are reliable but I had an oil filter plug once on a ford. It would built pressure when I started it and then it would slowly drop down to nothing. It's probably your wire but don't just ignore it.

James

Had the same issue, it was a brittle wire to the sensor. Rewired and it's been fine.

I agree with those that brought this up, check the wire first.

As to an Oil pump on a VG...never seen that before. Very reliable.

would installing one of those SUNPRO oil pressure gauges be a good investment? to find out the pressure... :scratchhead:

IMO A Manuel gauge is better, But the pipe threads in the block are metric.

I tapped mine 1/8 pipe tap and used a shop vac to suck out the metal shavings with the oil filter off to install a gauge.

The words metal shavings and oil passage should never be in the same sentence! LOL

I don't recommend this unless your damn sure all metal is removed!!!

Edited by CrazyLarry

IMO A Manuel gauge is better, But the pipe threads in the block are metric.

I tapped mine 1/8 pipe tap and used a shop vac to suck out the metal shavings with the oil filter off to install a gauge.

The words metal shavings and oil passage should never be in the same sentence! LOL

I don't recommend this unless your damn sure all metal is removed!!!

About those metal shavings... double LOL to that.. but true ;)