Different Pathfinder Steering Setup

beastpath

:my2cents:

Ok, I don't wanna burst anybody's bubble and I don't want to be a jerk dumping on what somebody obviously put some time into... but this design has at least one fatal flaw: When force is applied to the tie rods they apply a twisting load to the center link. The further the suspension droops the worse this will be due to the steeper angle of the tie rod. This will cause the rod ends at the ends of the center link to loosen and the tie rods themselves will wrap around the center link as it rotates. They will end up 'pretzeled'. If the rod ends at the ends of the center link are heims (can't tell in the pics) there will be a ton of play in the steering as the center link twists back & forth. They will also be junk in a matter of minutes off road as a heim can never be allowed to run out of angular travel.

Also, has anyone talked to this person? Unless he knew exactly what he was doing the bump-steer is probably off the end of the scale. You can't just move an inner tie rod pivot point a couple inches on a double A-arm suspension without drastic geometric consequences. I wish there was a pic of it taken straight-on from the front with the steering straight ahead so I could better see how the geometry looks.

I don't know this guy BUT

that seteering is derived fromt the Nissan pickup 2wd steering system(obviously the joints and idler are "upgraded").

If you want more reslults on performance search on nissan4wheelers.com a guy over there took the pickup 2wd system and put it on his pathy.

He did a side by side on both systems.