Bellingham, WA

XSrcing

I actually pick it up tomorrow afternoon. It's a bone stock '92 5-speed with 170k on the clock.

I'm beyond stoked to turn my 2007 VW Rabbit lease in (monsterous POS) and get in to a reliable old machine.

Anyways, a little about me: I worked a few years as a tech for RUF in Dallas. Worked two seasons as lead mechanic and front tire changer on a Grand American pit crew (GS and GT classes, worked one 24 Hours of Daytona). I now refuse to work on cars other than as a hobby, but I'm not afraid to spin a wrench.

I'll snap some pics of it tomorrow.

For sh*ts 'n grins here's some pictures of some things I've worked on.

CTR2 Sport. Low, wide, and scary fast. When the turbos spooled it sounded like a 747 was about to land on you.

ctr2sport.jpg

RUF's take on the GT3 RS. But with more power and carbon fiber body work.

rgtrs.jpg

This car below is Ricky. 996 GT3 Cup car.

rickycupcar.jpg

Here is a video of Ricky at MSR Cresson.

The first Rt12 to land in the states. 650 hp, all wheel drive.

rt12.jpg

An "oops" on the way to Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham. Guy in the picture is driving Ricky in the video above.

oops.jpg

996 3.6 liter with the supercharger kit installed and ready to go back in the car. Generally put down about 520 whp.

Kompressorinstall119Large.jpg

Vroom vroom

IMGP0900Medium.jpg

I LOVED driving this Barbie car around town.

IMGP0902Medium.jpg

Ford RS200 EVO. 628 bhp out of the Cosworth built 2.1 liter inline 4. 0-60 in under 3 seconds. If it didn't make the car go faster, it wasn't put in this car.

IMGP0920Medium.jpg

IMGP0918Medium.jpg

IMGP0919Medium.jpg

We tried to keep the floors of the shop clean.

DSC00088.jpg

Welcome. I'm not too far south of you. I'm down in Mount Vernon by the Skagit Valley College. I have never understood why people lease cars.

I noticed there were quite a few people from the PNW here! I've lost touh with the auto scene while dealing with my lease, so I hope I can get back in to it. I miss showing up to tech days/bbq's with a bunch of like minds.

I got the lease because at the time, I needed a reliable car with good a/c quickly, and the price and payments with the VW were right. Though, the past year, the VW just started falling apart, and it wasn't stuff I could fix with out expensive special tools.

I'll never make that mistake again.

Well if you're not busy Sunday, you should come down with me to Tacoma for the Puget Sound Toyota Owners Fest at Griots Garage. I'm bringing my 87 Supra and meeting up with another Supra friend in Seattle on the way down. Shoot me a text or call me to get ahold of me.

Adam

(503)206-9067

I worked a few years as a tech for RUF in Dallas

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing all that!! One of these days I'll pick up a poor mans Porsche to have fun with (read older/cheaper), I really love them. One of my favorite videos is of a yellow RUF Porsche tearing up the Nurburgring...

Hey Pinky, pay attention!! THAT is a real track car... ;)

Welcome to NPORA and congrats on the pathy. There are a few things to check or address and after that you should have solid, reliable transportation for a long time. Check out the How To section and pinned topics for general info. :aok:

B

First of all, welcome! Quite the experience you have there! As stated, you will find a bunch of info here to keep your junk on the road as long as possible.

Second, if you wanna meet some other pathfinder owners, and you not doing anything on saturday, you should come to this...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26997&pid=531753&st=340entry531753

Well if you're not busy Sunday, you should come down with me to Tacoma for the Puget Sound Toyota Owners Fest at Griots Garage. I'm bringing my 87 Supra and meeting up with another Supra friend in Seattle on the way down. Shoot me a text or call me to get ahold of me.

Adam

(503)206-9067

hmmmm... wonder if they would mind me bringing my maxima up....

I don't know if I'll e driving it much, if at all, this weekend. I want to go through everything and make sure all maintenance is up to date before driving it.

Well, here she is.

cd33a44e.jpg

423657b4.jpg

The body needs some TLC, and there are a couple electrical gremlins I need to chase down. The horn doesn't work and the first two HVAC fan speeds don't work. But she drives true and feels solid.

I'm excited. Now I need to name her.

Edit: Yes, I know the front and rear wheels don't match. I don't care.

Edited by XSrcing

Look like spare style wheels on the back... Check the fuses first, without bein there with a test light I'm gonna stab at a possibility of the blower motor resistor being your fan speed issue and make sure you got good contact in the horn button :aok:

All the fuses are good. And I have a test light and all that fun stuff so I'm not really worried. It's not like my VW where when you push the horn button and the signal goes through 2 computers before the car decides that you do indeed want to honk the horn.

Hold on a minute while I retrieve my jaw from the floor...

Okay, holy sheit! Those are some sweet cars man! You must have a lot of skill in your trade. Welcome to the forum! :beer:

Hey i am in Bellingham right off of woburn. Give me a shout if you want to check out each others Rides. I also have a local 4x4 club and would be thrilled to get some new pathfinders involved. Anyways enjoy the new Pathy

Where on Woburn? I'm at Texas and Huron on Alabama Hill.

That sounds like code talk if you don't live around here. Cool.

Where on Woburn? I'm at Texas and Huron on Alabama Hill.

That sounds like code talk if you don't live around here. Cool.

Not code talk just safe talk. The last rig i put a ton of work into got stolen. I am between Alabama and Iowa. I am guessing the local truck thieves are just tweakers, not npora members though. But i still tend to be paranoid about it.