manifold under warranty?

93xe

i read somewhere that there was a recall on pathy manifolds and Nissan will warranty these and fix/replace up to 100,000 miles...is this true? I am at 99,200 so i am going to try to bring it to a dealership...anyone have more info on this? Thanks in advance B)

Well, lots of dealerships are reluctant to do that much work for free, so you might call around and ask first. You never know.

You would think that as Nissan representatives, they would honor that fix, but I have read some stories where they don't. I wish I'd taken care of mine before it hit 100k because now I am reminded by a noise for a few minutes every morning that I didn't.

I called 1-800-NISSAN1 in September and asked if they had any programs that would cover our '95 Pathfinder. She looked up our info (we're the original owners) and said there was nothing available for our VIN. Not for exhaust leaks, emission problems, nothing.

Anyway, when I changed the oil this month, I pulled off the manifold heat shield and counted the exhaust stud nuts.

1-2-3-4-5-6!

Started up the car, the leak is really at the doughnut gasket between the manifold outlet and the downpipe. I tightend the two nuts I could reach (without taking off all the other heat shields) and now the sound is almost gone!

Thorley headers were supposed to arrive yesterday, still waiting to hear back from Summit...

-al

Started up the car, the leak is really at the doughnut gasket between the manifold outlet and the downpipe. I tightend the two nuts I could reach (without taking off all the other heat shields) and now the sound is almost gone!

that's where mine went too

• 2 weeks later...

My '94 has 88K miles on it. My mechanic tells me the Pathy has an exhaust leak, so I spoken with the local dealer and the folks at 1-800-NISSAN1 but had no luck at getting it fixed under warranty. They were certainly nice, but told me that unless the issue is safety or emissions related they don't normally do a "recall". So you guys with over 100K shouldn't feel too bad about not getting it fixed sooner.

BTW I was under the Pathy last night changing out my 02 sensor and noticed that the manifold bolts still appear to be in place. I wonder now if my leak is where the down pipes and exhaust meet.

I have a 94 Path that had the same issue .. took it to get an IM and was told they would not even test it with the exhaust leak that it has to be fixed. spent 4 days trying to find a mechanic outside the deal that would fix it (NOT) no one would touch it because of the issue of breaking bolts taking them out. and haveing to redrill them. ended up taking to dealer $800.00 later :unsure: it is was all better. they broke almost all the bolts taking them out. :o well at alost 200k had to have the intake valves replaced and they redid all the bolts again ..for free this time

I had set up a link about this problem....I had no joy, but am still trying..but I think we'll just pull the motor and put new manifolds (aftermarket) and a bunch of other stuff..saves rippin the motor apart twice! With Nissan manifolds, the bolts WILL break again. Aftermarket manifolds are already modified..so this doesn't happen again, and for $110 a side..it's worth it to me! sly