WD21, D21, and R50 Lube Specifications

Kingman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Blinker fluid - 2.97247821466358 pints, use Nissan Part No. 999MP-WD21D21R50WD22Z31Z32Z33Z34 (1.40627934 liters)

Blinker Fluid :laugh:

• 9 months later...

That link shows a 1 quart bottle. A quart is roughly a litre. If you bought what is in that link I think you will be ok. According to Google 3 quarts is 6 pints.

Edited by adamzan

That link shows a 1 quart bottle. A quart is roughly a litre. If you bought what is in that link I think you will be ok. According to Google 3 quarts is 6 pints.

Derp yea I meant quart not pint - it must be beer thirty! lol thx

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This post is very helpful. Please forgive me if this has been covered. OK...here goes.

I just changed my LSD oil and wanted to go synthetic. The only synth product I could find locally was Mobil 1 75w90 LS. Is this ok to run instead of the 80w90?

I am ashamed to admit that in 14 years of ownership with very regular engine oil changes as well as transmission flushes it never crossed my mind to service either differential or the transfer case. SHAME ON ME!

Anyway it is done now and I am 2nd guessing my decision to not do the 80w90. All other aspects of the oil are the same, API GL-5 etc. After making the change I was driving tight circles in a parking lot and I heard noise out of the rear diff I had never heard before. Sounded like it was catching a little. Is this my diff just freaking out over clean oil? I am going to go ahead and drain a little out to make room for 7 ounces of LSD additive tonite just to make sure.

Thanks

That weight should be fine, it really isn't that much of a difference.

Check the bottle of what you put in to see if it has the friction modifier that the LSD mneeds. If not, that is almost certainly the source of the noises you hear and needs to be addressed ASAP.

I don't know what the ratio is for the additive, but I'm sure you can figure it out by following their directions. I would still check what you did put in first though.

I am ashamed to admit that in 14 years of ownership with very regular engine oil changes as well as transmission flushes it never crossed my mind to service either differential or the transfer case. SHAME ON ME!

Don't feel too bad, those are probably the most commonly neglected fluids, along side power steering fluid and often brake fluid. Any time I buy a used vehicle, the first thing that gets changed is all of those and rarely has it not been needed.

B

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...