Tire Pressure

vmodi

2 minutes ago, mbailey802 said:

I need to figure out what to do to mine. Running BFG All Terrain K02 on the stock 1998 Pathfinder Chilkoot rims.

Noticed the pressure looked uneven so I bought a pressure tester and they were allllll over the place! Bad wear on one tire. On the actual tire it says pressure not to exceed 50psi at 1895lbs or something. Put them all up to 40psi but that seems like way too much based on this thread. Will release them down to 35 each today. Any other suggestions?

Just found out you can find the factory recommended pressure on the inside of drivers door, which sounds like is 26psi based on this thread.

My old 93 With the LT 31x10.50 15 was supposed to be at 26 psi cold. I run 28 for the street with my 33x12.50's. 

Do the chalk test to find the best pressure for your tire, wheel, truck combo. I would expect it to be in the 26-30 psi range. 

• Like 2

The tire pressure indicated on the door jamb only applies to stock tires and wheels, stock suspension, and stock weight. If you change any of these, throw that tire pressure recommendation out the window. I haven't run the doorjamb pressure (26psi) on my Pathy in over 20 years. The best way to determine ideal tire pressure for your rig is to do a chalk test. 

• Like 3

On 10/27/2019 at 4:10 PM, mbailey802 said:

I need to figure out what to do to mine. Running BFG All Terrain K02 on the stock 1998 Pathfinder Chilkoot rims.

Noticed the pressure looked uneven so I bought a pressure tester and they were allllll over the place! Bad wear on one tire. On the actual tire it says pressure not to exceed 50psi at 1895lbs or something. Put them all up to 40psi but that seems like way too much based on this thread. Will release them down to 35 each today. Any other suggestions?

I’ve been running KO2s for a couple years now and I always set them to 34-35. Haven’t noticed any uneven wear unless I forget to rotate them for 20K miles, which unfortunately I’ve managed to do more than once *hides face in shame*

Im thinking of dropping them into the 32-33 range for better comfort but they’re pretty solid where they’re at, even off road they’ve performed great