Looking 4 a pathy

MY1PATH

ok so some of you may have heard me talk trash about my doge stratus (wich will be paid off by the end of the month) and I have been constanly looking around for a replacement. A wagon or small SUV, something Family sized(baby due in 1 week). I thought I Had it set on the Murano(Trish won't agree on anything) when suddenly Trish said NO MURANO, NO NEW CARS!(as in 2000 or later) Then she agreed something MUCH closer to my Budget range;

Get another pathfineder, a 4 door... "you already know how to work on it and keep it running and you won't have to fight with stupid crammed spaces and new electronic technology"

So yay, I'm in the market for an Auto 4dr WD21

Thinking I want a square dash since I can change speedo ratio's easily for small tires (plan on 235/75's maybe 215's 235/60's)(and I know how to fix the square cluster really well!!!)

But I guess It depends on whatever I find.... You can change spedo ratios on the round dash right?

anybody wanna buy an 99 Dodge Stratus?

Long term plan; Lowered 1" (not slammed) small tires and a 3.3 w/ headders. Thinkin' I can get mid to high 20's on the freeway like that.

Edited by MY1PATH

Either that or (yes, I'm going to say it) buy an R50 for the wife. They have good road qualities, have the larger engine already and you still have all the support you need here. With just a tune up and Mile Marker hubs, my wife's R50 gets 20-22 mph @ 80mph and that's with 160k miles on it. Worth thinking about... ;)

B

Thank's B

R50's are not out of the question but I am partial to frames.(As well as being raised in my WD sways my preferance too)

I also have it stuck in my head that a lowered WD (once 3.3 equipped) will do even better than that.

Glad to hear the mallcrawler is doing well I may look into those.

Edited by MY1PATH

13" gold wires will make it even lower! Just for athestitics I don't think I would go with 215s... maby 225s or 235/70s. You sacrafice ride when you go too small of a sidewall and you have to remember it IS still a heavy full framed 4 door suv, not a regular cab ka powered HB.

ok, not 215's I meant 235/60r15 as opposed to 235/75r15

the reason to lower it is so that it does not look as akward with the fenderwell gaps on the small tires.

I still want 4x4 cause we road trip to cali every year and MY1PATH made good use of its 4x4 thru the pass so might as well have it on the 4dr too.

also the 3.3 cams do not do much for fuel savings, I was thinking of the eurospec cams since they get the better higway MPG (KpL converted) than the Us vg30 and about the same city.

I bet you could get mid 20's with the 3.3, Eurospec cams, exhaust and smaller wheels. If you get the 4x4 auto you will probably get the 4.6 gears also which will help too.

Even if you kept 31's on there I bet with that setup youd get low 20's - I get 17-19 average depending on how I drive and only have thorleys.

would a slightly stronger cam really kill the gas mileage anyway?

Since you want the square dash I would go for a 93 SE or LE - you get the 3rd brake light, the ceiling speakers and a few other additions - hopefully you could get leather seats too if you wanted them.

What, so R50's aren't even good enough for the road now? WTF.

So, buy a WD21, lower it, and install a 3.3... or, but an already lower R50, that comes with a 3.3.

would a slightly stronger cam really kill the gas mileage anyway?

That varies from cam to cam. If it increases power without incresaing effieciency it will kill it. Or it may only kill a certain range.

For example. long duration cams generally reduce low rpm efficency (eurospec being the exeption due to its low lift and early intake event) and thus city mpg goes down but at the same time Higway MPG may increase becasue the overlap (if degreed properly) can create whats called a Natural EGR Effect which increases the efficency while still povding the power when you open the throttle more. The other factor that happens is increased CYL preassure and the 2 combined help Higway MPG.

This is just one example out of many. Each cam is diffeant and can meed diffeant needs for power, fuel or both... There is allot of information out there if you know where to look and read I spent over a year on it before making my own cam which was good, but prolly would have been better if it had been ground correctly.

wow think I threadjacked my own thread lolthreadjacked.gif

anway I think I will be looking at a 94 with 217k and only 1 owner this weekend.

$2700 clean no rust (as far as I know) new manifolds in the past 3 yrs (hopefully their mechanic used 300zx turbo studs) regular maitainece...

http://seattle.craig...1949272669.html

anybody know how to change speedo ratios for tires on the electronic guages? Is it a nissan part, variable resistor or will I need a signal box from summit?

Edited by MY1PATH

there is also a perfect 90 4dr with a cracked block for only $900 and somone else with an r50 3.3 for $500

($1400) if only I had everything else I needed for the swap...

Edited by MY1PATH

Hey thanks for the pictures. :) would you say your messed up passenger side was about an inch lower?

the drivers rear looks a little high for 235's but I like the way the pasenger side looks.

one more day till the weekend I can start seeing some of the pathy's I've called about this week.

Yeah but the tire would rub on big dips. The rears leveled out after the other tbar was put up.

Prolly not;

no matter how low it is the bumpstops are still in the same place and 235/60r15 is about 4" (3" for 235/75)smaller than a 31x10.50's on my 2dr and its only an inch too tall @ full bottom out (which means my 2dr needs a 1" BL)

not to mention, family car will not see as many big dips and my 2dr esp being lower and having street tires.

anway I think I will be looking at a 94 with 217k and only 1 owner this weekend.

$2700 clean no rust (as far as I know) new manifolds in the past 3 yrs (hopefully their mechanic used 300zx turbo studs) regular maitainece...

http://seattle.craig...1949272669.html

anybody know how to change speedo ratios for tires on the electronic guages? Is it a nissan part, variable resistor or will I need a signal box from summit?

if one above is as good as I think it is, it may be the one. everyone else I talked to seemd pretty sketchy or there were tiedous things wrong(normal things I just don't like doing it 2x lol)

R50's can't be had for under $4k arround here so, sorry pezzy, they are ruled out.