Engine Sputtering & cutting out

ChromoTech

When I am driving around for a while my truck will start to cutout and sputter around to where I have to let my foot all the way off the gas and punch the gas down hard so the RPMs go up to where it stops.

someone told me that it could be one or more of the vacuume lines in the engine.

:help:

I took it down to Phoenix and maxed it out at like 117mph and its doing better i think i cleaned out the fuel system. but around town it still does it though.. I also replaced the fuel filter before going down there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing a similar problem with sputtering. @ Idle and driving around town all is well, however when I am on the highway at speeds @ 63-70 mph and approx 2300 - 2600 rmp my car sputters. It is when I am maintaining speed not acceling or deceling through.

During this range, when I give it gas, it mostly responds except one or two exceptions when the sputtering was at its deepest.

Noticed 2 days ago, but today it is pronounced (getting worse)

Above this range - no issue with sputtering or throttle response

Below this range - no issue with sputtering or throttle response

No ECM codes.

hmm, I've had that problem before, but thats usally when I accidently put it in "2" on my automatic '95 and dont even notice I do and just do normal town driving, it will sputter and then loose power and die alltogether, then I'll notice that I was in 2nd gear and have to wait about 10 minutes for it to actully start.