I hate to do this but..(suspenion kit) with JGC springs?

Boosted

Will THIS suspension kit (KYB GR2) work with the Jeep GC springs? Also, do you get f/r springs from the Jeep or what works?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310247237401&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I sort of feel like a stupid noob now, but even after a search, I couldn't get the answer I was looking for.

Thanks guys!

I think the overall diameter is differant on the r50 so wd21 spring options won't work.

Your panhard bar mounts on the wrong side too LOL

Ok thanks guys haha, I'm probably going to buy the AC lift with the Rancho 9000's then, thanks! And btw, I am doing the WARN hubs at the same time. :) Now...to do this in an apt garage lol! I'll get it done no doubt.

Let me ask you this though..I know the front struts will work with the springs (as posted by Creekkid) from AC, but do the KYB GR2 rear shocks work with the AC lift? If not then I will just buy the complete lift kit (springs and shocks) as a kit from 4x4parts with whatever combo, i.e. the ranchos 5s/9s etc. After researching it looks like the rear shocks in the KYB ebay kit won't work with a lift..

Edited by Boosted

Ok thanks guys haha, I'm probably going to buy the AC lift with the Rancho 9000's then, thanks! And btw, I am doing the WARN hubs at the same time. :) Now...to do this in an apt garage lol! I'll get it done no doubt.

Let me ask you this though..I know the front struts will work with the springs (as posted by Creekkid) from AC, but do the KYB GR2 rear shocks work with the AC lift? If not then I will just buy the complete lift kit (springs and shocks) as a kit from 4x4parts with whatever combo, i.e. the ranchos 5s/9s etc. After researching it looks like the rear shocks in the KYB ebay kit won't work with a lift..

those kyb rear shocks are probably too short, probably for stock replacement with no lift. I did a lift on my 01 last month and i have lots of info/specs if you want em..i think i might even have some stock and longer shock lengths and specs.

Tye

Of course cant locate them right this second darnit...

• 2 years later...

Using the search bar brought up this old topic. I know a lot of guys run jeep coils in the rear when they do a SFD, and my question is: is that only possible with some kind of adapter? I know that the inner diameter of the JGC (WJ) coils are pretty close, except for the pig tail, to the R50's but they aren't a direct swap out are they??

My plan: Get the least expensively possible lift. I know what route I'd like to go for with the front, but for the rear, if I can make those WJ coils work I'd save a lot of $$$. Chime in your 2 cents!

Using the search bar brought up this old topic. I know a lot of guys run jeep coils in the rear when they do a SFD, and my question is: is that only possible with some kind of adapter? I know that the inner diameter of the JGC (WJ) coils are pretty close, except for the pig tail, to the R50's but they aren't a direct swap out are they??

My plan: Get the least expensively possible lift. I know what route I'd like to go for with the front, but for the rear, if I can make those WJ coils work I'd save a lot of $$$. Chime in your 2 cents!

From what I understand: You are correct, folks who use the WJ coils use an adapter for the bottom seat.