early japanese technology

shooter

Olds tornado, Buick Rivera, I think the z24 cavalier could be had with a digital setup...

I'll quit now before you pop a fuse...

so,we are using all cars of the 80's and not sports cars?

you guys seem to be all over the place to make arguements to fit your thinking..lol

because any of the 3 you listed above does not fall into "sports car".lmao

and no worries,I will not pop a fuse.still not sure what the thread is about since it started as japanese technology.lol

My first post on this thread was to say i thought japanese cars were more advanced than domestics in the 80's.The rebuttal of that was to offer up all the features domestic cars had that proved my statment was wrong and domestic cars were in deed far more superior.

I am still waiting for a car from the 80's to have all of these on it from the poster

and i quote"A lot of the 70s and 80s American cars could be had with single or dual power/memory/heated seats, electric sunroofs, automatic ride leveling suspension systems, completely digital dashes with an onboard computer diagnostics and information system, etc"

Having lived as a young adult in the 80's and watching the domestic cars come from the factory aspiles of crap,I will stick by my statement that the japanese cars of the 80's with their creature comforts and reliabilty killed the domestic car production.Only thing that saved the domestic is the glut americans had for trucks and suv's.If not for the bulging sales of these vehicles,domestic car makers would have been in serious trouble a very long time ago.

I am all for muscle cars and i do love the cars from the 80's but you just cant compare the options on japanese sports cars to domestics in the 80/s.sorry.They were just bland,made to go fast ina straight line while the japanese cars were refined for a little more easier driving.

I have yet to sit ina trans am/camaro or mustang of the 80's that talked to me like my 300zx did and my starion.

that was so cool to hear when you got it.

*wonder if i could put one from the 300zx in my pathy*

hmmmmmmm

Edited by 1987Bama

so,we are using all cars of the 80's and not sports cars?

you guys seem to be all over the place to make arguements to fit your thinking..lol

because any of the 3 you listed above does not fall into "sports car".lmao

and no worries,I will not pop a fuse.still not sure what the thread is about since it started as japanese technology.lol

Since the original post was about the 'technology' in an 89 Pathfinder, I'm gonna have to say yea, we ain't talking about sports cars. Sorry dude, your the bug :FartExplode-vi:

• Like 1

Since the original post was about the 'technology' in an 89 Pathfinder, I'm gonna have to say yea, we ain't talking about sports cars. Sorry dude, your the bug :FartExplode-vi:

you do realize your 1st post was comparing a 57 bel air???

I think i am done with this one.When you start having to call names like you do and can't debate the topic,you just lost all respect.

I mean,that kind of talk is like saying "your momma" cause you have nothing else to offer.

but if you want to stay on the topic of 89 pathfinder only,what would you compre it to?

chevy s10 blazer?

ford bronco II?

What features of these 2 domestic brands were so far advanced as comapred to the pathfinder?

Edited by 1987Bama

I think i am done with this one.When you start having to call names like you do and can't debate the topic,you just lost all respect.

I mean,that kind of talk is like saying "your momma" cause you have nothing else to offer.

but if you want to stay on the topic of 89 pathfinder only,what would you compre it to?

chevy s10 blazer?

ford bronco II?

What features of these 2 domestic brands were so far advanced as comapred to the pathfinder?

Yup, fuel injection was used as a point, I was just making a point that it's been around well before the 80s... And did it without editing every one of my previous posts in an Alexrex20 fashon. My "bug" comment, part of an old addage some days your the windshiled, some days your the bug. If you want to think stuff that's been around for years before your examlpes are 'new', enjoy. Lookin forward to the next edit of the previous posts :aok:

(ok I'm really done this time)

• Like 1

My first Japanese talking dash sounded like a See-and-Say but I digress.

I knew where this topic was headed when it pulled out on to the freeway in front of that semi and got knocked across the median into an oncoming dump truck. :puterpunch:

The shelby Daytona was more optioned.

and thanks to mitsubishi,dodge did a good job on these fwd cars.

My shelby charger was blast to drive.sunroof to.and 32mpg.

You might want to look more into that the shelby version was the mid package with a turbo on it, The pacifica was the max loaded with the turbo package.

• Like 1

What about the 300z dash, they lasted maybe 30,000 miles and burnd out,then cost 2g's in 1980s money to fix.

The distial dash in my uncles 90 chevy 1500 is still going,well past 500k on it too.Look at it all,hell,my dads fiat has a ohc 4 in it and runs a t-belt and is faster then any of the so called muscle cars of the 80s,and its not even a sporty on.

And also,since most 80s cars are garbage to begin with why would you want a japanes 80's car.There just ripe off's of american cars that have been updated with more computer chips so theres a delay when you give them gas.

Yup, fuel injection was used as a point, I was just making a point that it's been around well before the 80s... And did it without editing every one of my previous posts in an Alexrex20 fashon. My "bug" comment, part of an old addage some days your the windshiled, some days your the bug. If you want to think stuff that's been around for years before your examlpes are 'new', enjoy. Lookin forward to the next edit of the previous posts :aok:

(ok I'm really done this time)

I edited for a spelling.

And I am pretty positive I know what was around years before what.I have sat my tail in more seats than you have even looked at.

but I would like to stay on point now that we have it figured out this threa dis about 80's jap technology as applied to the pathfinder vs domestic.

Now,would you care to tell me how far advance a chevy s10 blazer and ford bronco II was compared to our pathfinders?

Don't get me wrong,nothing like good ole american but in the 80's,wasn't much of anything by domestics above and beyond japanese imports.

so,for the sake of taking our rides down a notch or 2,lay it on me.tell me why 80's pathfinders are dogs.

No editing was done in typing the above statements.

What about the 300z dash, they lasted maybe 30,000 miles and burnd out,then cost 2g's in 1980s money to fix.

The distial dash in my uncles 90 chevy 1500 is still going,well past 500k on it too.Look at it all,hell,my dads fiat has a ohc 4 in it and runs a t-belt and is faster then any of the so called muscle cars of the 80s,and its not even a sporty on.

And also,since most 80s cars are garbage to begin with why would you want a japanes 80's car.There just ripe off's of american cars that have been updated with more computer chips so theres a delay when you give them gas.

I don't think you can compare a chevy 1500 to the pathfinder in this thread for the sake of causing people to completely fall off the deep end.lol

You might want to look more into that the shelby version was the mid package with a turbo on it, The pacifica was the max loaded with the turbo package.

You were right.Thought we ha done our car lot eyars ago that was justa base 4 banger.

But,with the volkswagon inspired engine in those earlier 4 banger models,then the later mitsubishi 6 cyl,just shows you how much imports products were in the 80's making abig splash.

chevy s10 blazer?

ford bronco II?

Not a lot,because they where built before the whole suv mom craze took off,back when a truck was a truck and sheep where scared to move.They had true fuel injection,not tbi,ford got it in 86 and the chev in 88.They could both be had with power seat if you wanted them.Both had od trannys before the pathfinder was even an idea and one big factor,No timing belt and there frames dont rot out.

• Like 1

A couple cars that come to mind regarding the ongoing discussion, didn't the Datsun 510 of the 70's have IRS..pretty sure it did.

And my old man had a 1980 TBird that had fully digital dash with electronic bars showing gas and temp sort of like that Toyota posted.Also came with electronic climate control with digital display, power front seat,locks, windows, mirrors, it was a TBI 302 AOD..it was pretty revolutionary at the time with it's flip open headlights too....lol

The Tbird didn't have IRS until 2000's I believe. I had an 85 5.0 Tbird with the Auto , it too had all the digital dash, trip computer, electronic climate, and so on......all motor and suspension parts were compatible with the Mustang.....I put a rear Diff from a 93 mustang GT in it, had like 3.23 gears or something like that, from the 2.79's that were in it. Thing would chirp 2 gear. Not bad for a 4500 pound boat. Pretty sure the Tbird had solid axle all the way until end of production in the late 90's early 2000, then went IRS on relaunch a few years later......unless I'm mistaken about those models in the late 90's, I thought they were solid axle as well.

I'm almost certain the 510's had IRS in the 70's, was gonna say the 280 must've as well. Hey, the Volkswagen Bug had IRS and that was in the 60's. Didn't the Chevy Corvair have IRS as well. I know they were both rear engine though.

Yep just checked it out...510's launched in 1968 had 4 wheel Independent Suspension.

Edited by Creekkid

Germans have also been using fuel injection since the 60s in their mainstream Volkswagen vehicles but has been used in passenger cars since 1927 (though not completely "electronic"). In fact, Bosch, who makes almost the entire market's fuel injection systems, originated in Germany. Nissan has been using Bosch systems since they first started with fuel injection. Our injection system is called the Bosch L-Jetronic system, meaning "luft," the German word for "air flow." This means the Mass Air Flow sensor. Other Bosch designs are LH-Motronic, Motronic, LH-Jetronic, D-Jetronic (pre1967), KE-Motronic, KE-Jetronic, and K-Jetronic.

AMC developed an electronic fuel injection system to produce in 1957, and Chrysler soon followed. (American companies). Saab has been using fuel injection since the 1970s, as well as Porshce (Volkswagen), Mercedes, and Volvo. Hmmm, Japanese cars started using fuel injection in...? They also never developed their own fuel injection system. Like usual, they've adopted everyone else's technology and claimed it as their own. That's why you can put Mercedes 440CC fuel injectors in a Z31 300ZX, because the entire system is German.

Edited by Kingman