PATHY STOLEN AUG 21/2010

Creekkid

So....DROVE IT HOME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems to be ok....Filthy as hell inside, dirt, grease, gas, cigarettes, and whatever else. Stinks. Few things here and there broken or missing ie: rear headrests, cover for domelight in the cargo area, left side taillight access panel cover, latch for the sunroof is busted, all the tools under the rear seat for tire changing and sparkplug tool.

Stereo is still in it. Ignition barely looks like it was touched, other than the little plastic circle thingy that goes around the key slot removed.

I'll keep you posted.

damn, what the hell were they doing in there? :blink: ive heard the tumblers wear out? and they can use a "dull" or "shaved" key like hondas and this does nothing to the ignition... anyone correct me if im wrong....

Glad to hear that you got it back and it is mainly in one piece.

X2 its good to know someone is doing theyre job in finding stolen things.

Well, from what I've been told, the truck turned up in Richmond. RCMP there sent it to Vancouver Police for processing, guess the RCMP didn't want to deal with it. I went to see the truck when they were dusting for prints. Anything that was mine is all gone, had a bunch of tools in there that are now gone....even all the stuff under the rear seat, ie: spark plug tools, jack winder thingy, axe and shovel I had under there too. Left the jack though. Even had little 12V compressor behind the taillight access panel in the back, gone.

Truck was found with some home stereo components in it, a collection of crow bars, paraphernalia for smoking crack or crystal meth, some cordless drill, some kind of removeable trailer coupler that goes on the front of a trailer. Jerry can(that spilled all over the back), some wires and @!*%, plus other crap and junk. Oh and a big knife in the glove box. Oh and mail containing some person's SIN card bearing the name Jeremy Smart. Forensic guy tells me this dude has done time as a Juvenile for killing someone. Either he did it or is associated somehow to him.

I think they might of tried to steal a trailer or did. Probably ripped off some construction sites or something, that would account for all the grease and dirt here and there.

Rear headrests are gone, Driver's side taillight access panel is gone, rear cargo overhead light cover is gone, sunroof latch is broken.

Seems to run ok...battery is deader than dead now, they must've left something on when dumped. But I still got my Jumper cables that were in it. Too bad not a single tool of mine is left.

Well, from what I've been told, the truck turned up in Richmond. RCMP there sent it to Vancouver Police for processing, guess the RCMP didn't want to deal with it. I went to see the truck when they were dusting for prints. Anything that was mine is all gone, had a bunch of tools in there that are now gone....even all the stuff under the rear seat, ie: spark plug tools, jack winder thingy, axe and shovel I had under there too. Left the jack though. Even had little 12V compressor behind the taillight access panel in the back, gone.

Truck was found with some home stereo components in it, a collection of crow bars, paraphernalia for smoking crack or crystal meth, some cordless drill, some kind of removeable trailer coupler that goes on the front of a trailer. Jerry can(that spilled all over the back), some wires and @!*%, plus other crap and junk. Oh and a big knife in the glove box. Oh and mail containing some person's SIN card bearing the name Jeremy Smart. Forensic guy tells me this dude has done time as a Juvenile for killing someone. Either he did it or is associated somehow to him.

I think they might of tried to steal a trailer or did. Probably ripped off some construction sites or something, that would account for all the grease and dirt here and there.

Rear headrests are gone, Driver's side taillight access panel is gone, rear cargo overhead light cover is gone, sunroof latch is broken.

Seems to run ok...battery is deader than dead now, they must've left something on when dumped. But I still got my Jumper cables that were in it. Too bad not a single tool of mine is left.

wow. glad its back. give it some much needed love man! :tongue: shes hurtin'..

I think you are in the 1 millionth percentile of persons in your position...never knew someone whos lost a vehicle EVER get it back in mostly one piece. Lucky you, good luck getting it back in shape and better than ever!! Sucks bout the tools tho...did they let you keep the new knife???LOL

Tye

I think you are in the 1 millionth percentile of persons in your position...never knew someone whos lost a vehicle EVER get it back in mostly one piece.

Tye

I've been following this thread thinking about a BMW that was stolen from me in the 80's. Got a call from the KY state police informing me they found my car in BFE Kentucky. I'm excited, relieved, doing the happy dance, asking when and where I can pick it up. Then reality kicks in because they say "not so fast they found your car totaled at the bottom of a ravine in 6ft of water. You need to send a rollback"

Interesting. So the thieves entered through the sun-roof? Did everybody get that?

It appears to have been used to transport something. The meth or crack pipe fits the portrait of the classic Vancouver car-thief that one VPD officer shared. Incidentally, a crack pipe is usually narrow and uniform in diameter whereas a meth pipe typically has a big bowl.

I know because a) I have watched people up close using crack pipes, and B) have seen people on television using meth pipes. -hehe- I also found a crack pipe on near the lower Little Campbell river a few minutes from where we live.

Lemme see, meth and tobacco. Hmmmm..... Two, deadly vicious drugs. No wonder a small fine or just a few hours in jail is no deterrent. These fellows need major upfront jail time. They are incapable of understanding anything else. Their decision-making time horizon is too short.

Sadly, enough, auto theft has become a banal, routine, minor concern for the police unless the vehicle has been used in the commission of a crime. Lawyers benefit.

So a final write up on truck....

NO, they did not go through the sunroof...just don't understand why the handle was broken. Doors were unlocked that night.

For the most part, the truck is ok...runs fine, drives fine, no real damage..just the couple interior things that got broken from the bad guys loading their stolen goods into the truck.

Spent the better part of a day cleaning out the inside of all the dirt and grease and gas or whatever. Looks way better, smells way better too. Found a Crystal Meth pipe under one of the seats, and another broken one. Bunch of pens taken apart so they can be used as straws to smoke the Meth. Effin druggies. :ar15:

Went to the wreckers to get the parts that are missing/broken....sunroof handle, rear overhead light, taillight access cover....cost me 8 bucks. Couldn't find any toolkits from under the rear seat. Still have to get those again....But the Pathy is back together now. :D

Went out to Stave on Thursday to putt around make sure everything checks out ok. It's all good, except couple exhaust hangers have broken and it hangs and rubs on the cross member . Didn't know what it was at first, thought there was something else rattling around...so not to big a deal, just wired it up for now.

So I was putting around enjoying the scenery and the sun and drive....I think hey let's go through this little dark mud patch...well that was a mistake, got stuck. I should know better than to go in mud at Stave...it's always bigger than it seems......

So, now I have no jack or strap any more so that was fun.....luckily some people were around and we were able to get it out with a little encouragement. Took about an hour and a half. It was all good.

Truck's home, gave it some much needed love and it seems to be fine. And it has some mud on it now. :aok:

PS. I do have a pic or 2 of Stave, no pic of the mud though...I'll post them later.

Good to hear your pathy back. And on the subject of meth/crack pipes Westslope you 100 percent on.I loved the fact that after doiing a good cleaning on mine I recovered 1 usable crack pipe(had a nickle in it or so) and the remaines of a crushed one.Along with a bunch of ATM receits and atm numbers.

• 2 months later...

Creekkid:  Am glad things are working out.  

Don't blame the "druggies".  Blame the Canadian Charter of Rights and the justice industry that benefits from giving violent, young offenders the benefit of the doubt. Stealing an automobile is a violent crime, not simply a more serious form of shop-lifting!?!!  The police usually do not care much because the courts do not seem to care.

hey man i hope you get it back, what i do with my cars is wire it so i have to turn my high beams on for you to be able to start it, worked great so far...

Hi,

Longtime lurker on these boards when I have the time.

Excellent idea. Most stoners wouldn't be able to bypass this and find another ride.

I don't think the alarms do much in a crowded or noisy area. I can get into my locked '94 in under 30 secs with a coathanger. (I'm guessin' this is why these puppies are so frequently stolen)

I'd really like to try this little bit of "preventitive medicine".

Can you share how this is done ? or PM me

Thanks

Sounds like it may be time to invest in some anti-theft gadgets.

I recommend disconnecting the trigger wire from the starter and running a hidden starter button. Then when they go thru all the trouble of getting the ignition "on" they will get no response from the starter.

You have to turn on the ignition then hit the button to crank it.

Pros: Will not crank from the ignition no matter what the criminal does.

You can hide the button anywhere you want and keep the location to yourself.

If you have a 5-speed you can now start it in gear if you stall on a tricky section of trail.

Cons: The button is live all the time.(If you hit the button the starter will turn over even w/out the key in the ignition. Got kids..?)

Pain in the arse when someone else has to crank your pathy.(like when getting an alignment or something at the shop)

Another fairly cheap option is to have a magnetic switch(reed switch) interrupting the power to your fuel pump. You have to wave/stick a magnet to the spot behind the dash where you installed the switch before driving.

Pros: Completely hidden and almost fail proof if you have it install correctly.

Cons: lose your magnet and you lose the ability to crank your truck without bypassing your switch or finding a new magnet.(easy to find a magnet around the house but not so easy while in the middle of nowhere)