PATHY STOLEN AUG 21/2010

Creekkid

I just want to try to spread the word a little about my truck being stolen.

It's a blue 1995 SE with 31's and full size on the rear.

License plate 816 GXV

I know there isn't alot of Lower Mainlander's on here but, any extra eyes help.

I am in Maple Ridge, BC, Canada.

If seen call police or call me 604 518 7414. Here's my e-mail too kidupcreek@shaw.ca

Just want my truck back. No theft on it, really isn't anything worth stealing on it.

Hopefully it's just dumped somewhere.

I'll post a pic as soon as I figure it out......can't think right now.

There may be one around.

4288_89226810587_564355587_2297422_4842083_s.jpg

Maybe that will work.

4288_89226810587_564355587_2297422_4842083_n.jpg

44283_422864240587_564355587_5330150_8380303_n.jpg

Edited by Pezzy
added image tags

I'll keep an eye here in Surrey. Thieving bastards should be shot! :ar15:

Unfortunately, our model of Pathfinders are on ICBC's 10 most stolen vehicles. From what I was told, is that the tumblers wear out, so you can use a similar style of key to start the truck. While I have an alarm with an immobilizer, I always use my club too.

• Like 1

Piss me off too cause I just put on my Warn hubs I picked up off Craigslist for 40 bucks and some 20 buck 6x9's in the rear.

I should know better than to not have it alarmed or even locked, but I've lived in my place for over 9 years now and it ain't no shady part of town either. Never had a problem before, and I've forgotten to roll my windows up on many occasion too.

There really isn't anything worth stealing in it, cheapo cd player that's it. Don't even have any cd's in it cause it's a truck and they skip like a mofo. Only thing is that really bugs me the most is I've been keeping a good chuck of my tools in it because I've been camping recently and was planning to go next week(kinda puts a damper on that :thumbsdown: ), tow strap, axe, jumpers, little 12V compressor(which is behind the taillight access panel) My good socket set, and my tool box, all in a nice little crate thingy right behind the rear seat. It's strapped there so it doesn't slide around, maybe it won't get noticed.

I guess I kinda got a little complacent here just not thinking that it would happen to me, where I live, know what I mean.

Just kinda hoping it turns up without too much abuse and damage. Only a quarter tank of gas in it, so unless they want to put gas in it they isn't getting very far. Called the tow yard here in town I used to work at to keep an eye out for it. They do all the local police work too so either way it should go through them if it's in town.

Sorry everyone, kinda ramblin...I miss my truck, it wasn't perfect, but it was mine dammit. :ar15:

And another pic to remember it by http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs364.snc4/44724_10150234898200230_794495229_14464976_4928771_n.jpg

Edited by Creekkid

I'll keep an eye here in Surrey. Thieving bastards should be shot! :ar15:

Unfortunately, our model of Pathfinders are on ICBC's 10 most stolen vehicles. From what I was told, is that the tumblers wear out, so you can use a similar style of key to start the truck. While I have an alarm with an immobilizer, I always use my club too.

I have a key to a '95 I once owned that starts and unlocks the column on my '93. It won't unlock the doors though.

hey man i hope you get it back, what i do with my cars is wire it so i have to turn my high beams on for you to be able to start it, worked great so far...

Smart idea! I have a C$200 immobilizer installed.

Sucks to be you kid. I saw the thread title and sez to self betcha $100, the truck was stolen in the Lower Mainland region of British Columbia (includes Vancouver). Sadly I was right.

Mine was stolen right outside the Mountain Equipment Co-op store in Vancouver in the early afternoon. I believe the thieves borrowed the vehicle to go to Whistler and back. Left a packing slip with a Whistler address but the Vancouver police were not interested in pursuing.

UPDATE....got a call last night from the Vancouver Police.....they found'd my truck. :) But they want to take it in for fingerprinting and whatever else.....there was ID or something found with some other person's name on it so they want to investigate, figure it may have been used for other crimes, nice...Copper told me it could be up to 2 weeks before I get it back, that don't make me so happy. Hopefully something will come of it. It was like almost 11pm last night when they called, so naturally, I didn't sleep much last night.

Cop didn't really say too much though...didn't say much about my truck :shrug: , so hopefully it's only worse for wear.

At least I know where it is and it's not being beat on any more.

Hey, at least they are trying to find the assholes who stole it!! All too many times they don't even bother...

Hopefully it isn't too thrashed, but even if you need parts, etc I'm sure a lot of people here will help you out.

B

So, I called the detachment to get some more info.

Apparently the truck was found with no one in it, but there was belongings of other people ie: women's "products", drill and gas can which are not mine, some kind of personal stuff belonging to a "Jeremy Smart", never heard of the guy. :shrug: Some pop bottle of pop that we don't drink...pepsi.....Coke people here. Soooo....they want to sweep it for prints and other "forensic identification"...what ever that means.

Damage report on the police report states no noticeable damage on exterior, just ignition damage and I think he said stereo was gone too.

So if that is all, sounds pretty fortunate. Their investigation could take a couple days to a week or 2.

I wonder what the hell they were doing in my truck.....time for some sanitation.

So, sounds like I may be able to actually drive it home instead of a tow. That would be good.

Anyhow, trucks safe now.....just the waiting game to get it back. And no I don't have to pay for any towing or storage up until they release it to me.

Cheers

It's funny...in the mean time I picked up a little beater car....1989 Toyota Corolla for 400 bucks, that is Aircared and drives pretty damn good for a 400 dollar piece so I had some kind of wheels.

Now I'm thinking when I get the Pathy back I am going to take it off the road and try to invest some time and money on it. Got a 3 inch body lift to put in and hopefully get a decent upgrade going for the steering. I just put some Warn hubs on it as well. Oh yeah....and an alarm :headwall:

WOW... congrats on actually getting it back and with very little wrong with it. TO be honest some people have more damage to their vehicle sitting in their drive way so you got lucky..... in a not so lucky way.... Good luck. OH and get yourself a UV light and take a peek at your carpets hahaha. Or maybe.... maybe you shouldnt for piece of mind. :new576:

I don't think I'd do the blacklight deal...might be kinda scary. Glad to hear the truck is found, safe and in one piece. Hopefully they pursue the ........ heads who stole it. Had it happen to me before, really sux.

Like what? A getaway car? Maybe if you stole some old lady's walker.

I had the same thing happen a few months ago in Seattle. When they found the truck, the seats were torn up, and I'm guessing that they were running drugs... and you happen to be right across the border. And the cops here found simliar items - lipstick, perfume and a bunch of coke bottles. Wonder if that's related somehow, and this is their vehicle of choice? Seems like a long shot though. If they even looked for the thief, I'm not aware of it.

On the carpet, just rip em out. I just replaced all of the carpet with turf and am loving it. Feels like mine again.

Good luck with your rehab!

Very cool!

At least the VPD is investigating. In my case, the tow-truck driver (the pathie was illegally parked in downtown Vancouver) provided the details for the police report--assuming one was actually made.

Then the provincially-owned auto insurance corporation (ICBC) delayed returning the vehicle to us for a about a week because they had personnel issues. At our expense of course!

For those of you unfamiliar with Vancouver and the Lower Mainland region of southwestern British Columbia, it has the highest property crime and violent crime rates in Canada. I find the racist attitudes to aboriginals and recent Asian immigrants to exceed anything else I have personally experienced in Canada.

Greater Vancouver is also the prostitution murder and butchery capital of world. Many of the prostitutes killed by famous serial killer Robert Picton were drug-addicted aboriginals ("crack-ho Indians) so I reckon that many BCers believe that Picton was doing everybody a favour.

Greetings from the "BEST PLACE ON EARTH"! -westslope

So....DROVE IT HOME TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seems to be ok....Filthy as hell inside, dirt, grease, gas, cigarettes, and whatever else. Stinks. Few things here and there broken or missing ie: rear headrests, cover for domelight in the cargo area, left side taillight access panel cover, latch for the sunroof is busted, all the tools under the rear seat for tire changing and sparkplug tool.

Stereo is still in it. Ignition barely looks like it was touched, other than the little plastic circle thingy that goes around the key slot removed.

I'll keep you posted.