Just found you guys !

tc2300s

Too bad you are 3000 miles away, I really want to crawl under this thing!!

B

I want to park the my dodge under it and then have you let the air bags down. lol

WELCOME TO THE SITE !!

Upload your pics to tinypic, http://tinypic.com/

after you create a folder and upload the pics, when you click on each pic there will be section on the left that says "grab your code" with 4 codes under it, you just copy the code under where it says "MG Code for Forums & Message Boards" than paste it into your post here

where in Florida are you?

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=27766

hey man great looking truck. definetly something different. what are those wheels from? tractor?

i would really recommend you do some serious gusseting/reinforcing on the bag mounts and the arm mounts. especially if ur driving this daily (if i read correctly)

Those upper bag mounts will start warping out big time and the arm mounts dont seem to be gusseted or anything either. There is also a possibility that it will start warping out your frame from all the stress on that square tubing. The top bag mounts should also cover as much surface area of the bag plate as possible because if you have it set up with just the tubing in the middle of the plate it will start warping the plate around it. This will cause the rubber to start tearing away from the plate ending in a blown/torn air bag.

The arm brackets on the axle will probably be ok, but its always better to be safe then sorry. I could not see them very well in the pic so i might be wrong, but to me it looks like there just kinda wimpy for those big ass arms!!!

im not trying to be a dick or bash on ur truck i am just trying to make sure that you and everyone on the road are safe.

i build suspensions (specialize in air and long travel suspension) for a living so im not pulling this @!*% outa my ass. its all from experience.

if you got any close up pics of all the brackets and mounts i would love to check them.

once again i am not bashing your truck or your work i am just looking out for everyone safety. Ive seen and heard to many horror storys from working at shop where people think stuff is done right until it something falls on the freeway and goes through someones windshield.

sorry for the essay guys

one other thing. why is there a jack in between your frame and body? did u forget to take it out after the body lift or somethin? im confused

Edited by pathblazin420

hey man great looking truck. definetly something different. what are those wheels from? tractor?

i would really recommend you do some serious gusseting/reinforcing on the bag mounts and the arm mounts. especially if ur driving this daily (if i read correctly)

Those upper bag mounts will start warping out big time and the arm mounts dont seem to be gusseted or anything either. There is also a possibility that it will start warping out your frame from all the stress on that square tubing. The top bag mounts should also cover as much surface area of the bag plate as possible because if you have it set up with just the tubing in the middle of the plate it will start warping the plate around it. This will cause the rubber to start tearing away from the plate ending in a blown/torn air bag.

The arm brackets on the axle will probably be ok, but its always better to be safe then sorry. I could not see them very well in the pic so i might be wrong, but to me it looks like there just kinda wimpy for those big ass arms!!!

im not trying to be a dick or bash on ur truck i am just trying to make sure that you and everyone on the road are safe.

i build suspensions (specialize in air and long travel suspension) for a living so im not pulling this @!*% outa my ass. its all from experience.

if you got any close up pics of all the brackets and mounts i would love to check them.

once again i am not bashing your truck or your work i am just looking out for everyone safety. Ive seen and heard to many horror storys from working at shop where people think stuff is done right until it something falls on the freeway and goes through someones windshield.

sorry for the essay guys

one other thing. why is there a jack in between your frame and body? did u forget to take it out after the body lift or somethin? im confused

Huh, Thanks, I love to improve, learn more and update things.. There is a sub-frame between the links and the top frame link mounts are gusseted with giant pieces. The lift has been on for 4 years, and been tested for strength harshly many times. The bags I've had for millions of bumps off and on-road. They are 2600# 1/2" ports, they were less than $45 new each including shipping. They are temporary, I will have long-travel coil-overs---when I can afford them (After I win the Lottery)..Jack ??? I am not sure what you mean. I'm confused. These are construction pics, a lot of things were used to manipulate that beast into the shape it is in.

Edited by tc2300s

ok im happy u didnt get all defensive on me. most people get all upset when i give them constructive criticism , but at least ur not one of those ignorant people.

sounds like the arms brackets should be alright then, but i would still definitely just weld on a couple gussets onto those bag mounts because they WILL start bending man believe me. maybe add something on top of the bag plate too so that they plates wont start warping also. you dont want one of those bags blowin out on u on the road. much easier to weld a couple pieces of metal then to have ur truck slam onto the ground going 60mpg. (ive learned that from personal experience from when one of my air lines came loose, got close to the exhaust and melted)

ive been lookin at those block u put in for the body lift. i think it might be a good idea to run sum bushing in between because from wat i see its just metal to metal which will cause lots of vibrations and will eventually break also. so either gusset the @!*% outa them if u dont mind the vibrations or put sum rubber in between them

i would also recommend you get some Slam Speclties bags. Re8s would be perfect. They are much stiffer and stronger (double layered) then every other bag out there which provides an excellent ride. They also have internal bump stops in them so even if for some reason you lose all your air you can still drive on them. I use them for ALL of our air suspensions. I might have an extra set layin around here if ur interested

If you got any questions about anything ill be more then happy to help you out. Id love to see that thing finished real nice and be reliable since u drive it daily. That is what i try to do with even all the trailer queens at our shop. That is my goal with all the car/trucks i do. Even if they are full show cars i still try to build them to be reliable enough to drive everyday.

oh yeah an about the lift jack. heres the pic im talking about. im guessin u might have used it to lift the body up or something?

its right between the frame n body on the right side inside the fender well

mixpics338.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sorry for another essay guys

Edited by pathblazin420

ok im happy u didnt get all defensive on me. most people get all upset when i give them constructive criticism , but at least ur not one of those ignorant people.

sounds like the arms brackets should be alright then, but i would still definitely just weld on a couple gussets onto those bag mounts because they WILL start bending man believe me. maybe add something on top of the bag plate too so that they plates wont start warping also. you dont want one of those bags blowin out on u on the road. much easier to weld a couple pieces of metal then to have ur truck slam onto the ground going 60mpg. (ive learned that from personal experience from when one of my air lines came loose, got close to the exhaust and melted)

ive been lookin at those block u put in for the body lift. i think it might be a good idea to run sum bushing in between because from wat i see its just metal to metal which will cause lots of vibrations and will eventually break also. so either gusset the @!*% outa them if u dont mind the vibrations or put sum rubber in between them

i would also recommend you get some Slam Speclties bags. Re8s would be perfect. They are much stiffer and stronger (double layered) then every other bag out there which provides an excellent ride. They also have internal bump stops in them so even if for some reason you lose all your air you can still drive on them. I use them for ALL of our air suspensions. I might have an extra set layin around here if ur interested

If you got any questions about anything ill be more then happy to help you out. Id love to see that thing finished real nice and be reliable since u drive it daily. That is what i try to do with even all the trailer queens at our shop. That is my goal with all the car/trucks i do. Even if they are full show cars i still try to build them to be reliable enough to drive everyday.

oh yeah an about the lift jack. heres the pic im talking about. im guessin u might have used it to lift the body up or something?

its right between the frame n body on the right side inside the fender well

mixpics338.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sorry for another essay guys

Oh,yeah the floor was very rusted ever since I've I used that to hold it up until I could fasten it. The frame and body have mounts between them. The engine runs very quiet and vibration free. I didn't think of the airbag flanges bending, Thanks I will add some triangles to form a pad for them.

• 12 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone. Still have not found a good solution to picture posting. So... thought to write about the old Nissan. It has been too long since I have regularly visited this site and did forget all about it. Many things have been done, including: She has a HE351 turbo now, Larger intercooler, better piping, 4" throttle body, z31 intake (customized), 4" air inlet and air filter, 3" downpipe and exhaust, 6 large injectors(instead of 2), Large fuel pump and filters, Large radiator, FASS fuel regulator, relocate steering gear, Upgrade all suspension arms/ends, Larger master cylinder, Steel braided brake hoses, Upgraded trans control, Knock light, Air compressor and inverter upgrade, Relocate ECU/TCU, A/C condenser upgrade, Power steering pump upgrade, Reconfigured air ride system, Shortened rear frame/bumper/hitch for strength and departure angle, Solid cross rear u-joints, Air to air trans cooler with fan, Blow off valve and Increased wheelbase to compliment tire diameter and increase attack angle.

• Like 1

Removed rear seat and made flat floor, 150 amp alternator, Upgraded all shocks, Added different foot steps, COP conversion(home brewed), Outside clip style driveshaft(Frontier), Pinion disc brake for emergency brake, Adjust engine/trans position, Poly leaf spring bushings as motor mounts, Round tooth belt and pulleys(maxima), Turbo blanket, Downpipe heat wrap, Frame cross braces and relocate muffler/pipe.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tc2300s said:

Hi, everyone. Still have not found a good solution to picture posting. So... thought to write about the old Nissan. It has been too long since I have regularly visited this site and did forget all about it. Many things have been done, including: She has a HE351 turbo now, Larger intercooler, better piping, 4" throttle body, z31 intake (customized), 4" air inlet and air filter, 3" downpipe and exhaust, 6 large injectors(instead of 2), Large fuel pump and filters, Large radiator, FASS fuel regulator, relocate steering gear, Upgrade all suspension arms/ends, Larger master cylinder, Steel braided brake hoses, Upgraded trans control, Knock light, Air compressor and inverter upgrade, Relocate ECU/TCU, A/C condenser upgrade, Power steering pump upgrade, Reconfigured air ride system, Shortened rear frame/bumper/hitch for strength and departure angle, Solid cross rear u-joints, Air to air trans cooler with fan, Blow off valve and Increased wheelbase to compliment tire diameter and increase attack angle.

If you prefer to go the photo-hosting route, I use Imgur and really like it. Reliable and simple. I wrote a tutorial ages ago for Imgur on a PC. A small change or 2 since then but should be obvious.

If using Windows, I recommend downloading and installing this little piece of software to resize your photo unless you already use something else. This one is very simple. 

https://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

Some photos don't require resizing and some do. Hate it when someone posts a pic the size of Texas. You can resize in most hosting services but this is a handy tool for all photos that you use for other purposes other than forums. 

Once installed, you can right click on any photo and going down a bit in the drop down menu, left click on "resize pictures". This opens a resize window. 

Select the first radio button which is the small size recommended for forums. Don't worry, it won't be real small. 

In the method I'm showing you, it will use your same file name with the additional (small) added to it. Now you have the original and the new small pic.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 

I would suggest using a hosting service such as Imgur. Sign up to it and then proceed. Within any photo hosting service your personal settings will include things such as who you give access to your pics, etc. Might want to take care of your preferences once you upload a pic or two. 

Go to and open imgur.com. Log in to Imgur. Click your Imgur name in upper right. Select [Images].

Left click "Add images". A new window will appear. 

Left click "browse your computer". 

In the new window showing your files, go find the pic, select it and click open at bottom right corner of window or simply double-click the file / image. 

In a matter of seconds the new photo will appear. 

To the right of the new photo is a column of options.  See attached photo.

Go down to the choice titled BBCode (message boards & forums)  See included photo at bottom.

To the right of that particular option, left click on "Copy". 

Come back to this forum and open a text window. Say what you have to say. Hit return once or twice. 

Right click and in the drop down menu, click paste. 

Finish up with selecting Submit Reply. 

PAW5dqB.jpg

Very easy. 

If you use another tool for resizing, it's best to use the size 854x480 pixels.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...