HELLO

Guest Taimyshu

Guest Taimyshu
:D Hi I was just surfing the web looking for info on my new Pathfinder, and came across this board! I just recently traded a 1998 dodge cargo van with a 137000 mi and a noisy rear end. For a 1995 Pathfinder XE loaded 97000 mi I only paid $300.00 bucks with trade. The only problem is that it has a knock, the car dealer said it is probably in the lower part of the engine. Its fluids were all good and clean, as well as the undercarriage. Engine runs great(with plenty of aceleration) except for that knock! I figure I will drive it tell the engine pukes and then put another in it. (I can't go wrong, at least I hope not) One more question I have, Is I didn’t get the remotes for the keyless entry/alarm, and right now the alarm doesn't work is there any way to reset it so I can manually use it. Any thoughts would be appreciated, as I couldn't find anything through search.

Hey, welcome. WAVEY Search for the remote on E-bay, they're on there all the time, fairly cheap. Reprogramming is easy....there's instructions around here somewhere. Do a search. :aok:

the knock may be a rod berring and it may be cheeper to deal with that then to buy a nother motor.

My bearings ran about $3 each. My junkyard motor was over $700. Best to take care of it now before you do serious damage.

Guest Taimyshu

Thanks for the help guys,

I just took the 31" tires of my wrangler and put them on the Pathfinder, next will be the trip to the good ole Nissan dealer. To have them diagnose the engine knock, besides that, it runs awesome!!

Guest Taimyshu

Howdy ChromoTech,

It has the exhaust manifold leak (its not that bad, nothing headers can't fix).

But the engine knocking is coming from the lower end (It almost sounds like tappets) I have plenty of power when it goes down the road and it idles fine too. I called a Nissan dealer before I purchased this Pathfinder, and one of the mechanics said he remembered a problem with the 1990 or so pathfinders having a bad sprocket gear in the bottom of the engine he couldn't remember what it was called but he thought it was a cv sprocket, That would make a tapping noise so Nissan offered a new engine or an extra 100 000 mi warranty for the original owner he said most people opt. For the extra Warranty. Then he said he has never seen a Pathfinder motor go bad because of this. So all I know right now is it makes this tapping sound a little quieter than a diesel engine but runs great. HMM!! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...