Jackson Autosport's R50 Missing Link

tekazgtr1984

Came across this item a while back after a friend and fellow R50 owner had this installed. He raved about the noticeable difference in terms of improved body rigidity and torsional stiffness.

I called Jackson Autosport and asked if they had extra. Went and picked one up last week ($40CAD+tax), and installed it myself in about 10 minutes.

DSC08345.jpg

DSC08346.jpg

The added stiffness and improved rigidity were noticeable immediately. Going over bumpy roads, the truck felt stiffer and more controlled. On my commute to work, I spend about 15 minutes on a pretty nasty stretch of neglected highway, rife with potholes, bumps and warped surface. I was sold the minute I drove my rig on it for the first time after installing this. Needless to say, it's been the best $40 I've spent on my R50.

Here are some pics of the install:

DSC08347.jpg

Where the bolts are removed is where this stress bar mounts up (penetrating fluid may be required).

DSC08348.jpg

Mounted up and ready for action. I torqued the bolts, took it for a quick spin and retorqued again.

DSC08349.jpg

I'd like to know how this will fare on the trails; I have some work to do on the Pathy before I can find out. From the look of things, this bar should work with a SFD but maybe not with a mid-skid installed. Only time will tell...

If anyone's interested, check out the website: Jackson Autosport (click on the Nissan link to the right)

It's $40 well-spent. :aok:

That looks interessting... I always wanted to put something there to better support my mid skid... Do you know if it drops lower than the sub-frame or the transmission crossmember ?? If you could take a picture with a ruler or long bar going from the sub-frame to the trans cross member, it would show how far it drops... like a straight line longitunally

Wow, only 40 bucks! Im going to have to look into this a bit more. It should not affect flex up front, as the flex should be in the suspension components instead of the body and subframe of the truck. Going to give them a call and see what it would be to ship one out.

damn thats genius. i think im gonna make my own tonight. seems like a pretty simple design. straight bar with 2 tabs welded at the end right? (from what i can tell by the pics)

i was hitting trails all weekend and woulda been nice to have that. my @!*%s gets pretty squirely up front

• Like 1

Definitely a great price at $40. Not that I'm trying peddle local wears or anything. ;)

That looks interessting... I always wanted to put something there to better support my mid skid... Do you know if it drops lower than the sub-frame or the transmission crossmember ?? If you could take a picture with a ruler or long bar going from the sub-frame to the trans cross member, it would show how far it drops... like a straight line longitunally

I didn't picture (trying to hold a yardstick and a tape measure required both hands) but going longitudinally, there's ~5/8" of clearance compared to the tranny crossmember and the subframe. Definitely enough room to work with a mid-skid. :aok:

Cool :aok:

Looks like a great way to reinforce after a SFD as well.

Absolutely! :beer:

I didn't picture (trying to hold a yardstick and a tape measure required both hands) but going longitudinally, there's ~5/8" of clearance compared to the tranny crossmember and the subframe. Definitely enough room to work with a mid-skid. :aok:

Thanks !!

I'd like to hear from one of you guys if it works good.

I can tell you right now it works great. Steering feels less mushy, and there's less body roll on bumpy roads. There is a noticeable reduction in body flex all the time and if you're rocking a lift and larger tires, this should only amplify the improvement.

Just got an e-mail back from John Jackson of Jackson Autosport. He stated that the "Missing Link" would be $48 USD shipped. This was to NJ, not sure what the shipping for other states would be. It was basically $10 shipping. $40 Canadian translates to about $38 US.