put my cb in today

facebones

I was thinking off mounting mine right under the steering wheel and a little to the right. There should be a space where you can put a pull e-brake. I thought that would be best because CBs are small now, could fit right there and then run the wire up and to the left of the Heating and AC controls.

I was thinking off mounting mine right under the steering wheel and a little to the right. There should be a space where you can put a pull e-brake. I thought that would be best because CBs are small now, could fit right there and then run the wire up and to the left of the Heating and AC controls.

E-Brake huh? I always wondered what that "little space/tab/cover" was for.... :scratchhead:

bought a CB and a firestik from a local pathy owner for 40 bucks and got it in today.

i feel like it could fit better? any ideas i looked through the cb thread

MyPyx.jpg

hxHBi.jpg

Rbu8k.jpg

8MBtx.jpg

Looks nice I want one too.. but dont know what brando, or how much to pay for a cheap good quality one.

I have a 95 auto with slightly different interior pieces, I mounted it to the right of the auto shifter.

One suggested, you'll want your whip a bit higher than that. You'll get better receive/send range if you have more of the whip sticking up over the roof of your vehicle.

I have a 95 auto with slightly different interior pieces, I mounted it to the right of the auto shifter.

One suggested, you'll want your whip a bit higher than that. You'll get better receive/send range if you have more of the whip sticking up over the roof of your vehicle.

:yeahthat:

Down where it is it can also get smacked easily. I see you have a roof rack, I suggest finding a mirror mount and clamping it to the rack. The more centered over the roof, the better. If you are looking for a way to run the wire, you can either go up the A pillar (open the door and look at the retainer on the windsheild, you can loosen it and tuck the wire there), or up the B pillar (hide it under the plastic to the top of the rear door and out through the gap).

yeah you have a good point about it needing to be higher. but i get pretty good range right now as it is i was gonna mount it to the yakima bars but it was stupid high and where i go wheeling the trees can get low over head. my friend suggested i get a spring for the bottom that way i wont snap it.

Yes, a spring base is almost required if you put it on the roof.

As for the CB location, I plan to put mine on the back of the center console near the top and angled forward. Should be well out of the way for the passenger area, not cluttering the dash and easily accessable by any seat.

B

Right now I have a magnet mount antenna til I'm about to get a whip mount, which will be going on my tire carrier. You obviously don't have that option. BUT, my magnet mount antenna sticks above the roof probably about 3.5-4', went wheelin the other day and heard it hit stuff all day long, it's still in the same spot and undamaged!