Starting the mods!

P1:

"Only in Canada do they have talking mailboxes...

"Its aboot time you got home, eh? There's something in me, you hoser!!"

Must... resist... nasty... joke... about... Canadian... girlfriend... Backing... away... from...keyboard... :wub:

===========================================================================================================

So what is a good off-the-shelf cat-back system for my '95 V6 4WD Pathfinder LE? The former owner crumpled the tailpipe on a rock, so he sawed about the last three feet off the exhaust system. It is not too loud, but I want to go to a freer-flowing system with larger diameter tubing. And I do not want to burn $700 on it. I was thinking of just going to a good exhaust shop and having them fab me up something, but first I wanted to check on aftermarket recommendations here.

The exhaust on pathfinders is pretty simple really, it's a bunch of pretty straight pipes with the only bendy section from the muffler over the axle. My local shops quoted me less than $100 to bend a 2-1/4" pipe. That combined with a magnaflow cat and muffler from ebay I'm in for less than $300.

On a side note, new rad in, and my wires from 4x4parts showed up so I can get those in tonight! :wiggle:

• 4 weeks later...

The body lift wasn't complicated, just some elbow grease required for the steering shaft and making sure you don't snap any bolts off.

In other news, I have my exhaust on and I couldn't be happier. The only difference at idle is tone not volume, but when you're in the throttle it sounds rowdy! I'll get a YouTube clip up asap for you guys.

Runnning the MSD with the VG30;

1. If you are running an aftermarket coil with it I reccomend you use 8mm or larger wires and make sure they seat. Use a paperclip or coffe straw under the boot as you seat them to get all the air out or they May burn thingsviannen_09.gif MINE DID . also inspect your cap and rotor frequently.
  2. Plug choice, yes MSD says you can run 2 heat ranges colder but the pathy ignition was pretty strong to begin with so really the NGK BKR6EY is the best option for all sohc VG's running the MSD box. (which is stock for the 90-95) Just run the gap to .045" and enjoi This is also the only plug that sits as deep it does in the cyl (better ignition) the ajacent heat ranges and the other year VG's sit 3/32 shallower.
  3. If you ever need to turn the engine over by hand this box can throw a piston down if its getting power. THis happened once; it just fired one cyl, ripped the wrench outa my hand and scared the crap out of me.

now lets see that exhaust vidpopcorn.gif

Edited by MY1PATH