Starting the mods!

woah that was cheap...

I paid like USD$380 for mine (custom made and installed). It was cheaper than getting a pair outside my country because of the shipping. The result was very good though..

I think he usually ships within 24 hours. When I bought mine, I sent him an email the next day just asking how long of a wait it would be so I could handle some scheduling issues to which he replied, "Already sent." It arrived at its destination a couple days later. I didn't personally pick it up from where i sent it for about 4 months, but when I finally got it, the welds were good, everything was made well.

Edited by Dowser

Well, I ordered a new centerlink from Uap Napa, which I'll run while I send my worn core to Grassroots for a proper setup.

As far as why I bought this kit, I know I'm going to be fitting a suspension lift at some point along with bigger tires so I figured I'd try to knock out as many of the "weaknesses" before I got too far and had to constantly replace worn / broken parts.

I think I ended up paying $243.40USD for the body lift and the steering stabilizer with the idler arm brace. Mind you that's before shipping!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my rig back from being freshly inspected, new idler arm brace on and steering stabilizer good to go as well! This weekend I'll get time to rig up the msd unit and the k&n apollo I picked up as well. What a nightmare it was to find e-brake cables for this thing!!

I ended up having to get them directly from Nissan at $120 / side! :headwall:

Ahh yeah I was super pleased about that part, $230ish for a centerlink, plus the ebrake cables I was a really happy camper. Anyone know off hand what size the maf is on these things so I can find a proper adapter plate for my new intake?

I'm considering to have a local shop custom fab a new exhaust setup for me. Thorley + muffler + shipping + duties will go much higher than US$ 1000.

Is it neccessary to change the header ? Won't just less restrictive tubes and muffler give my Pathy a bit more power ?

Edited by flnl

I'm considering to have a local shop custom fab a new exhaust setup for me. Thorley + muffler + shipping + duties will go much higher than US$ 1000.

Is it neccessary to change the header ? Won't just less restrictive tubes and muffler give my Pathy a bit more power ?

Oh, forget it... I've just found what I need to know :rolleyes:

I've searched before but did not use the right words :headwall:

Lack of better English language skills :puterpunch:

1000 is way to much,

I had a custome Y pipe and all new exahust custom made for rig (expet manifolds)

new cat, new muffler..

650 out the door.

Yep, but Brazilian duties will take about US$ 400... It's really cheaper to custom build it in this case.

• 3 weeks later...

About time for an update!!

Since my last post I've:

Installed a quest alternator! thanks for the write ups!

installed the msd! once again thanks!

had my mechanic install the new centerlink / steering stabilizer / idler arm brace.

What I have left to do for this batch of mods is:

Install body lift and headers / exhaust system.

My mod money got a little set back when I had to pay to get my car out of impound :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

If your looking to save cash, you could do what I did with a CAI (and I couldn't have been happier with the setup)

Autozone/Oreillys (or whatever they have in CA) sell a small plastic adapter plate for air intakes, that costs like 5 USD....i had to taper out the holes a little to get it to line up, but then a cone filter just bolts on...I noticed 2-3mpg gains and what felt like a peppier throttle.