I GOT 2 NISSANS MAN

daftpup

Finally got'er done today. Bought wifey a nice Murano S, merlot color, 2009, 43000km for $27,600.

Sorry Slick.

Had to be done as we made the mistake of keeping the van too long and the infamous GM head gaskets took a dump. I was hoping the thing would get us another year or 2 but....thanks Pontiac for the 157,000kms!? I'm pretty disenchanted with domestics right now. That's the second one we've had that prematurely gave up the ghost.

The Mo was originally a fleet rental from South Dakota. It drives real tight and is super clean in and out except for the usual hood dings and a scratched up rear bumper which will be covered by the step pad I ordered. Also had a leaky trans so they're fixing that and addressing any recalls before we take possession. Brakes are about half done and we'll prolly need tires next fall. I must say, I've never been hot on the burgundy colors but this thing looks sweet in merlot. We've looked at black, white, silver and that pewter color and merlot really shows the car's lines alot better IMO. This thing's a hoot to drive too if you can get over the feel(or lack of it) of the CVT. Also really comfortable inside...gonna be a dream machine on road trips.

The price was basically non-negotiable. They came down $300 and agreed to put a block heater in it. I almost got hooped with a $370 etching fee. WTF! I saw it just before I signed and said "this can't be mandatory". He said no but if the vehicle is ever stolen and parted out, they will be able to trace my windshield back to me!?!? That and a couple other ridiculous things so I said no thanks. I realize they also have kids to feed but c'mon. Other than that, no extra fees. Three grand down and financed the rest at 3% variable for 5 years.

I'm fairly confident about the purchase, especially with it being Nissan and having a ton of factory warranty left. Overall, user reviews and reliability reports are better than average. It was the only vehicle wifey and I agreed on and we managed to find one in her favorite color. She deserved something positive in her life after a bad year with her Dad's death, my hospitalization, and the menopause thing.

So, here's to Mo'ing (and PoHo'ing if you guys still wanna poho with a CROSSOVER owner....ewwww!)

PS- No plans to get rid of the Pathy anytime soon.

Every Nissan I point out to my girlfriend she doesn't like. She drives a 2009 Dodge Charger "Cough"

Edit: I actually think it might be an Avenger.

Edited by sherwood

congrat's on the new vehicle, my wife picked out the 05 titan we used to have, I was going to the dealer to check out frontiers and we ended up trading in her Q45 and taking the titan home!!

:thisthreadisworthless:

Congrats on the new machine, it does sound nice!! That's 1/2 the reason the wife's R50 is staying stock. Runs super quiet and smooth, is very comfortable and gets 20mpg on road trips and I'm not even done tuning it and setting it up.

B

:thisthreadisworthless:

Congrats on the new machine, it does sound nice!! That's 1/2 the reason the wife's R50 is staying stock. Runs super quiet and smooth, is very comfortable and gets 20mpg on road trips and I'm not even done tuning it and setting it up.

B

I'll do some pics when I get it home.

Every Nissan I point out to my girlfriend she doesn't like. She drives a 2009 Dodge Charger "Cough"

Edit: I actually think it might be an Avenger.

Dude, Avenger and Charger are beyond different, Charger is bigger, rwd(or some awd I think) and had a ton of hype when they hit the streets, Avenger well... lets just say my mom drives one... like a Buick that didn't come with wrap around sunglasses that go over your regular glasses.

Back on topic... enjoy your bloated station wagon-minivan-wannabe SUV :rolleyes:

(seriously, enjoy having a warranty and hope it lasts ya)

Congrats on the minivan, Buttercup... :D

B

Hey two manly vehicles out of three isn't bad! The wife has to drive something! I had bought her a 2 wheel drive Xterra in 2000 when they first hit the dealers. They were moving so fast that I couldn't find one with an auto trans so I got her a 5 speed SE. After a year and a half she was tired of shifting and traded it on the quest. Now she wants another truck again but thanks to the Nissan dealer here I'm going Chevrolet.

James

Back on topic... enjoy your bloated station wagon-minivan-wannabe SUV :rolleyes:

(seriously, enjoy having a warranty and hope it lasts ya)

Thanks. But ya shouldn't be dissin on the Murano. It was one of the first, if not thee first to carve out the crossover niche when it came out in 2003. Simply look at all the imitators out there now. Buick Enclave, Chevy Traverse, Ford Edge, Chrysler Pacifica and Mazda CX7 are all direct ripoffs of the Murano.

Not to mention it's also real fun to drive. Listen to me going on about fun driving to a bunch of wheelers.

*stick wacks self*