'nother newbie from BC

lint

Hey there,

New to this forum, 4wd, and Pathfinders.

Just moved to the interior of BC, and the weather along with the mountains "suggested" we get a different vehicle. I picked up a 95 SE with automatic (for me wife) and 175 km on the clock and a recent timing belt change for 2200 cdn. Body and interior are great, and the rear frame rails, while intact, are starting to show some ravages, but I'll get to that. Currently attending to what is most urgent. I've changed the oil, filter, air, plugs, oil pressure sender, coolant temp sender (gauge still doesn't read properly), fuel filter, and rear shocks (KYB gas- ajust), and am soon doing the front ones. Just changed the trans fluid (drain and fill) and will install the aux trans cooler and bypass the factory one this week.

Fuel economy is 12.5 l/100 hwy running on 31x10.5 and those deadweight rims. I think the timing needs attending to. Would like to change out the rear springs for something firmer....any suggestions? I tow a light trailer with a couple of vintage scooters ~ 1000 lbs total.

Your forum is great and there is a ton of info / expertise here to help each other out. I use this forum to help me make "educated" decisions on what parts to install, and what procedures to follow. Just want to say thanks to all of you who contribute your time and knowledge.

So far, the 'finder is changing from a "good deal" to an awesome machine. I'm really liking it! I'm not much of an off roader, but we do like hiking, so this could be a good fit for us.

you're a good bunch.

Cheers,

Lint

Howdy Lint, welcome to NPORA!

If you are in snow country, a WD21 is a good idea, even if it is just winter use and not off road...

20 mph is what I ruftimated and that is not bad at all. Sound like the Pathy is running well.

For spring options, look in the Garage section up top. There are several choices, from junk yard specials to new Jeep coils... ;)

B

Now this is what I call a Great First Post! Its not often we find a new member come on here introducing themselves who as actually done RESEARCH before! I like you already. I have a feeling I'm never going to have to explain the beauty of the search function here cause it seems you're a master already.

Welcome to the Forums man. I got hooked as well after my first purchase. Congrats on both buying the Pathfinder, and for finding this Forums. There's no Better out there for our Rigs.