rayar3

Just bought a 92 SE 4x4 as a second vehicle for work. It's in awesome shape considering it has 310k miles! Everything inside works like new and there's not a rattle to be heard! I have all the service paperwork with it from new too! Timing belt just done and diff fluids done 5k miles ago. Thinking about adding an aftermarket cooler too. It's going to live in Detroit from now on while I'm up there for work. Kinda feel bad for it considering there's absolutely no rust on it and it was in Georgia since new from what I was told!

photo6.jpg

clean little buggy, nice getting the service records as well! Look around and you'll find all kinds of little tricks to help you, even if your plans are to just make it a more dependabe/efficient daily runabout.

:welcome:

High miles, but it sounds like you got one that was cared for. Welcome and congrats!!

Have the thing undercoated by a good place that will spray inside of the frame rails and that should help a lot.

B

Thanks guys. I finally took it home today from work and it drove great. The girlfriend wasn't as excited as I was though! Cruise worked great on the highway but I kept it to 60 just in case...

I also talked to the previous owner and assured him I would take care of it like he did. I picked his brain on what he'd done and what he had been using for fluid, etc. He was the second owner after his boss decided to sell it. Apparently there was a coin toss in the office and he won back in 1995 when he got it. He traded this Pathfinder in for a new Xterra SE 4x4/leather a few days ago and I was the first one at the dealership to call dibs. A few other guys wanted it too so I might not be the favorite guy at the dealership right now! I couldn't pass it up though. The price was right and it really is a nice truck.

Have the thing undercoated by a good place that will spray inside of the frame rails and that should help a lot.

B

I'll second that!!

Welcome to NPORA!

Amazing that you can still find a 92 that is solid like this.... Us canadians, we all know what a 92 looks like (when it still can run)... ! :thumbsdown: I vote to change the country name from canada to rustville hahaha

ho ya..... Welcome !

• 4 weeks later...

I would second that fleury... rustbuckets round here!!! Mine is a 2001 and it is starting to show signs of the iron plague!!LOL The worst parts for rust on mine are the little "trim" strips that cover the outside bottom of the windows ( on the horizontal)...they are punky like hell...all blistered and ugly like!!!!

OEM part at 100$$$ each x 4

Tye