15x10's on the pathy

MrPink

Well i got a great deal on a set of wheels with the following specs

Model: Crager Nomad's

Size&width: 15x10

Offset: -38

Backspace: 3.75"

my pathfinder is at stock height currently but i plan on going with the 4x4parts 3" lift.

i am just wondering i guess if i will have any serious rubbing at stock height?

here is a few pics of them:

S7301283.jpg

S7301284.jpg

S7301279.jpg

S7301285.jpg

they were/are in horible condition. i spent a total of 2.5hrs sanding the 20 or so layers of paint including latex house paint as the most recent coat of paint.Come winter here i will be having them sand blasted and powdercoated the same "grabber green". but for now they are good and the price was 100% right.

price paid: $6.25/each wheel :D

Same thing as my winter set (only mine are still white/rust and mine were like $25 cheaper :rolleyes: ) If you had the chrome narrow steelies beforehand with the black twist on centercaps they WILL work with these if you can't do the centerless look.

Is it just me or does the bolt pattern look diffrent then 6 on 5.5...?

I can vouch the huge hub bore makes em look a little off. And I can see them bein hard on stuff, but I personally don't run them 24/7 and only run 31s on em so I don't get the full effect of the harm they "could" cause

for the time being i will be running a set of used BFG M/T's in 31x10.5x15 then i will either get a set of treadwrights in 31x10.5x15 or a set of Yokohama's or Khumo's

nunya do you have any pics with your 15x10's on? i would like to see how far they stick out.

thanks man i was just wondering how far they stuck out and the amount that they do is fine for me. i am sure i will have to watch when i turn when im at stock height seeing that i may rub on the fender. i also need to replace my PS fender since the PO hit a tree, and fubar'd it pretty bad.

Gotta love the guy before... Thats the fun in used vehicles...fixing what they previous owner jacked up!! Mine said Gonzalez or Garcia on the front glass and when I removed the lettering, the sun had faded the factory mirror, or whatever...so the name was clearly visible even with the letters gone...Was not until I had the tint strip installed that it finally went away...and will probably still be there if removed. Haha

i actually need to adjust mine again i still have the little metal "caps" on the steering stops too.

these wont be going on for a few weeks now though, i have to fix my rear frame its getting bad and it is starting to cause the rear doors to not open and close smoothly.

I thought anthing wider than 15X8 was supposed to be hard on the IFS, stock seering components and front wheel bearings...

Yes, definitely harder on the already taxed components. :shrug:

You shouldn't have too much issue running 31" tires, but you are putting 10.5" tires on 10" rims?? I'm not a tire guy, but that seems a bit large...

B

you are correct a 31/10.50 on a 10 will make the sidewalls bulge out, I personally don't like how that looks, as it leaves the sidewall out in the open too much for damage

you are correct a 31/10.50 on a 10 will make the sidewalls bulge out, I personally don't like how that looks, as it leaves the sidewall out in the open too much for damage

It Could be worse,

I seen it with allot of CARS arround here lol. somone gets a new set of rims but can't afford new tires so they got a 235 wide tire on rim that requres a 275. and its low profile so the tire looks like this on the wheel \_/ instead of |_|. I don't know how the installers can sleep after doing that and I think its an accident waiting to happen becuase it looks like the bead just wants to slide inward and let all the air out.

10.5" wide tire on a 10" and complaining? More bulge runnign them on 7" wide wheels :shrug:

It Could be worse,

I seen it with allot of CARS arround here lol. somone gets a new set of rims but can't afford new tires so they got a 235 wide tire on rim that requres a 275. and its low profile so the tire looks like this on the wheel \_/ instead of |_|. I don't know how the installers can sleep after doing that and I think its an accident waiting to happen becuase it looks like the bead just wants to slide inward and let all the air out.

thats a ricer fad that is being done on purpose now, like the purposely rusted hood thing that the VDub people were doeing and now the ricers caught on to.

It Could be worse,

actually thats the new look... lmao.. I believe its called "crunchy" or something stupid like that... heres a link to a picture...

:clickdalink:http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.torquevw.com/how_to_guides/general_alloy_wheels/tyre-stretch-02.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/possible-illegal-tyre-question&usg=__8tZ0L_wTWchn5GuqyBxEn1CRfg4=&h=282&w=501&sz=28&hl=en&start=22&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=apkov6ainT14uM:&tbnh=73&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstretched%2Blook%2Bfor%2Bwheels%26start%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26ndsp%3D18%26tbs%3Disch:1

Edited by beavis0076

You will want to adjust your stops pronto...I tore the inner lug on both my front tires all the way around the tire because of the frame rubbing on it..brand new bfg's...

You know, if you piece together your SL instead of getting the AC kit...you could save enough money for a body lift and then just upgrade to 33x1250s to fit those 10" wides!

Just sayin ;)

Ironman Offroad up here in midland can get you a sweet steal on RC upper control arms :) and plus, Pat is a cool guy to do business with

Edited by OldSlowReliable

i am actually going this route on my suspension:

Front:

New Ball joints(LLT warranty)

1" ball joint spacers

Cranked torsion bars

Rear:

Jeep Grand Cherokee( v8 ) stock front springs w/ "pigtail" removed

all in all this whole lift will cost me under $150 if i buy the springs used, if i buy new it will be just under $250

BUT i have to take care of my frame first since its getting really bad... it wasnt as bad 2 months ago, but off roading it has taken its toll already.

i am actually going this route on my suspension:

Front:

New Ball joints(LLT warranty)

1" ball joint spacers

Cranked torsion bars

Rear:

Jeep Grand Cherokee( v8 ) stock front springs w/ "pigtail" removed

all in all this whole lift will cost me under $150 if i buy the springs used, if i buy new it will be just under $250

BUT i have to take care of my frame first since its getting really bad... it wasnt as bad 2 months ago, but off roading it has taken its toll already.

There have been bad reports of ball joint spacers causing issues with the rest of the assembly during offroad, just an fyi if you didn't know.

I bought a pair of 3" lift springs intended for an XJ for $45 used off gl4x4, cut the pigtail off and they worked great. Keep an eye out for those kind of deals if you intend to go bigger on the front end, as your 4dr and tire carrier will definately reduce lift from jgc springs :)

There have been bad reports of ball joint spacers causing issues with the rest of the assembly during offroad, just an fyi if you didn't know.

Wasn't that 88pathoffroad and wasn't he running them on aftermarket UCAs and not stock ones (which I think they are meant to be mated with)? I f I'm wrong ignore me, but I think that was the whole issue.