Thule roof rack pullapart find

First time I saw this,I couldn't get it to come off.But I got it off today and mounted it on the ride.

I am wanting roof lites and this may fit the bill.I do not care for the ends sticking out so I may end up cutting them back flush to the mounts.Looks kinda weird sticking so far out.

Price was for both pieces so i grab the rear rack also.Might keep it for and extra one later one.

Snagged a bug guard also.Love bug season here soon and that will definately help keep them from embedding into the hood and fenders.

thule.jpg

clamp the lights onto the bars. If you put them on a swivel, you can use them as side lights, too. You can also remove them easily, so thieves or cops will have one less reason to hassle you. Nice find, BTW. I think you need an NPORA sticker up there on the deflector

• Like 1

Be sure to add some padding to the inside curve of the bug killer, If not the air flow over the front of the vehicle will make it rock back and forth, slowly wearing away the paint on the edge of the hood/fenders. My truck had a bug killer on it and broke it on the trail, what I found underneath was not pleasing.

I've got the same rack, the "bug killer" is a fairing, before I installed the fairing the rack would "howl' at highway speeds. Check out Mr Pickles setup, he made a fairing out of clear plexiglass and mounted lights behind it

Be sure to add some padding to the inside curve of the bug killer, If not the air flow over the front of the vehicle will make it rock back and forth, slowly wearing away the paint on the edge of the hood/fenders. My truck had a bug killer on it and broke it on the trail, what I found underneath was not pleasing.

yeah,i saw that when i mounted it so i have it lifted just enough to keep it off the paint.Good information.thanks

and since it's a 2 door,i have no need of the other rack as of now.Looking at how to add lites and not drill into the top.and also no over the door edge ghetto BS wiring.lol

clamp the lights onto the bars. If you put them on a swivel, you can use them as side lights, too. You can also remove them easily, so thieves or cops will have one less reason to hassle you. Nice find, BTW. I think you need an NPORA sticker up there on the deflector

may actually get my friend to cut me a new one and cut nissan into the fairing.

But more than likely it will get painted and some decal will go on it.