New Aussie Terrano view me :)

Terrano757

Hey ive just started this thread as ive seen lots of others doing similar, so ill list some of my 1991 Terrano's specs and the mods ive done to her, along with photos to go with most of the mods. Shes definately an on going project, and will be to the day i sell her, its just so easy to keep spending and modifying 4x4's...

Heres a bit of a list of what ive done to her since i got her a few years ago:

--Heavy Duty Clutch (and flywheel machined)

--3" Ridepro Suspension lift

--2.5" Turbo Back Exhaust

--2.5" Turbo Dump Pipe

--31" Cooper ATR's on 15x8 White Sunraisers

--JDM Carbon Fibre Intake (with direct piping to the turbo)

--Rhino Rack+Basket Roof System

--BO Car Alloy Bullbar

--Hella Spotties

--Custom Fit 730CCA Truck Battery

--Remote Central Locking

--Midnight Tinting

--$2000 Sound System

--Uniden UHF

--Custom Built Rear Storage

--Custom Built Center Console

--New CV Joints

Few weeks After I Bought It, 100% Stock, Except I Tinted it and Spotties

9a4unq.jpg

1 Month Later With My New Rhino Roof System.

2n1fkt5.jpg

6 Months Later, Just Replaced The Clutch With A Heavy Duty 4x4 One, And Second hand BO Car Bullbar,Also Had Remote Central Locking Fitted (i like buttons)

mx094w.jpg

The Old Sound System, Now Upgraded to Oldschool Solobaric Sub + Alpine 6x9's will Upload Photo soon

(budget system here)

ih5b7q.jpg

Keep going through the pages of this thread to see the changes since this was posted

Edited by Terrano757

G'day Daniel, where abouts in Perth are you mate? Im down Kwinana way if your ever in the area. Anyway, welcome to the site, heaps of information available around here, some of it is even useful.

91 2 door, that has the MPFI correct?

B

I think I spy a turbo badge on his grill... that makes him diesel correct? Or just likes the turbo badge :shrug: Either way, Welcome! and don't put too much in the front of that basket!

@luis thank youu

@pezzy thanks :)

@Precise - Thanks, your looks very nice too, and no mine has the 2.7 R3M Diesel engine in it, (CRDI i beleive?)

i prefer diesels for off road, but id hav to say petrols nice on road ;)

Hey mate,

Im looking into doing similar mods to my '94 pathy. In particular I am looking for a 3" suspension lift. All the 4x4 places I ask over here dont want anything to do with lifting pathfinders. I keep being told I can only get 1-2". Did you find the same issues trying to get a decent lift in Aus?

Clearly from what I'v seen on this site 3" lift is definately possible. I see you have a ridepro lift. Is it any good, what is involved, where can i get it, how much, etc...?

Hey Mullo,

yeah i had a bit of difficulty getting anyone to lift mine, i first went to ARB and they said they werent interested because of the

Independent front suspension, (ARB stocks Old Man Emu suspension btw) the reason that they say you will only get 1-2" is because

you will only get 1-2" higher from 'stock' however if your is a 94 and still running the same suspension it came out of the

factory with, chances are its sagged an inch or so, (mine had sagged more than an inch, they told me i would get 2" lift max and i got over 3")

I find the ridepro sus fantastic, i went out to test it yesterday with my friend and we hit a few speed bumps 50kph (30mph) and it ironed them right out

also alot more flex than standard ofcource.

I cant tell you much about the the install as i got mine profesionally installed.

However what i can tell you is that if you plan on getting yours done profesionally make sure you set aside a good $500 because being older cars now

i can almost guarantee it will take longer than they expect.

What you should do (and i didnt) is before you take it in, spray all the High Tensile steel bolts with WD40 to loosen them, it will make their life easier and

save you money.

Hope that helps

Picture of the 3" Ridepro Suspension Lift

Before;

no6hxj.jpg

After;

z3j4o.jpg

So it turned out the only said i was going to get 2cm front list and 4cm rear, ended up being 3" front AND rear. Sorry for the photo, it was the only good one i could find from before, since taking that photo (years ago) the suspension had sagged a few cm down, so imagine the difference!

Edited by Terrano757

Hey Mullo,

yeah i had a bit of difficulty getting anyone to lift mine, i first went to ARB and they said they werent interested because of the

Independent front suspension, (ARB stocks Old Man Emu suspension btw) the reason that they say you will only get 1-2" is because

you will only get 1-2" higher from 'stock' however if your is a 94 and still running the same suspension it came out of the

factory with, chances are its sagged an inch or so, (mine had sagged more than an inch, they told me i would get 2" lift max and i got over 3")

I find the ridepro sus fantastic, i went out to test it yesterday with my friend and we hit a few speed bumps 50kph (30mph) and it ironed them right out

also alot more flex than standard ofcource.

I cant tell you much about the the install as i got mine profesionally installed.

However what i can tell you is that if you plan on getting yours done profesionally make sure you set aside a good $500 because being older cars now

i can almost guarantee it will take longer than they expect.

What you should do (and i didnt) is before you take it in, spray all the High Tensile steel bolts with WD40 to loosen them, it will make their life easier and

save you money.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the info.

I am planning on doing the lift in the next month or 2. I had a similar response from ARB and TJM, no interest. I will have a close look at the ridepro option. Preferably I would like to do it myself, do you know if they would sell the components seperately? I will give them a call and see what they have to say.

Cheers.

@Dave- Yep the tires are coming on thursday :) still deciding weather to get new rims or not..

@Mullo - if your planning to do it yourself then i could suggest getting an iron man set,

1: because they are easy to get a hold of for terranos -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pathfinder-Terrano-1987-95-2-Suspension-Ironman-4x4-/280385570259?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41484845d3

and 2: I have heard mixed reports from them but mainly good.

however i cant say how they would stack up against ridepro :(

BTW- i got mine done at 'ORE' (off road Equiptment) in Perth,

You can check out their website and see if they will deliver,

http://www.offroadequipment.com/

also if body clearance, entry/exit angles and available tyre size are what your looking for have you considered getting a body lift?

you can get pretty much any lift you want at a fraction of the cost of suspension.

Thanks Daniel,

The main issue I'm having is when we are out in the mud I dont have the clearance to get through a lot of the muddier ruts on the tracks we have over here (usually rear diff bottoms out, resulting in snatch straps being employed). I also find myself struggling over bigger step ups, mainly because I cant get the belly up. The end goal is for 31" or 32"x10.5

I'm still undecided as to what will be the best option to get the clearance I need. All input is greatly recieved.

Also, not sure if you (or anyone else) is interested, but I recently bought a lock-rite diff locker for the rear end. During the install however, I discovered I had a poorly adjusted LSD. Tightened it up and made a huge difference. If your interested I have it (Lock-Rite) for sale in the "Parts For Sale" Forum. (Sorry dont know how to link).

Edited by Mullo

Yes, sounds like you need a suspension lift and that is what I favor by far if tire clearance isnt the primary goal. Factory sprung they will handle 31" tires easy so you will have no problems. :aok:

save you money.

Sorry, but no. It's a pet peave of mine, but no, do not use WD-40 as it is mainly a Water Disbursement agent. It will clean and shine plastic and help with sticker removal also. Spray the bolts with a quality penetrating oil suck as Kroil, PB-Blaster, Liquid Wrench, etc. If you only have WD-40, save it for the stickers and just spit on the bolts...

B