Truck Stolen! - FOUND!

enginerd

Tonight the police called, they found it in a parking lot in Bellevue. The interior is torn apart, stereo missing, and a couple of personal items missing, but overall could be much worse. Still have to deal with the process, but so happy to have it back!

The fuel pump relay has been pulled, and I'll search tomorrow for the best way to wire a switch to it to cut out the fuel pump for some added security. Stupid jerk thieves.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help, and followed white Pathfinders over the last couple of weeks. Hope to meet and thank everyone in person sometime soon.

Original post:

Last night my '94 white Pathy was stolen from in front of my building. I've been waiting for the police for 2 hours now to come by so that I can sign the report. I'll keep my eye on all the usual classifieds, but don't expect much from that either...

This especially sucks, as I just finished getting everything fixed up, and it was finally ready to hit a trail for the first time. And sad now that I realize that this is the only picture I have of it, from the week I picked it up:

IMG_4332nolicssm.jpg

Any thoughts on what else I can do? If it's not recovered, will insurance replace it with any other Pathy, or do I get back what I put into this one (about three times the low purchase price)?

As I don't have a better picture:

It's white, SE, lego wheels, roof rack with bike rack and ski rack, no tint, rear tire carrier with a tire cover that's split as it doesn't fit the tire, CU sticker on back glass, and a decent amount of dings, bends, and scratches.

This blows.

Edited by enginerd

Insurance says there have been 4 taken in Seattle in the last 30 days. I had no idea these are in such demand and apparently easy to steal.

Better pics of your truck?

Anything about it that we can look for, to better ID it as your truck?

I work in the Seattle area and live south of there, I'll keep my eyes open... but we need better info on it :aok:

I'm sorry that I don't have pictures to show. I did my best to describe in the first post, and am still kicking myself for not taking pictures along the way. The only real differences from the pic are that she used to sit real low in front, but after messing with the t-bars and an alignment, she's back to stock ride height, and the rusty old side bars have been replaced.

It's an essentially stock '94 SE. White. There are a couple of stickers - CU (Univ. of Colorado) on the top of the back glass, a white "X" on the bottom left of the back glass. That one is from the previous owner and I'm not sure what it means. There is also a "superman" logo on the front license plate that I think we missed while removing other stickers.

I live in Wallingforf, just north of dowtown Seattle, but unfortunately, it had an almost-full tank of gas in it, so it could be just about anywhere by now.

Fingers crossed, it will be found in OK shape, and I'll catch up with you all on the next trail run. While I may be drunk/delirious, I have to remain optimistic. One way or another, I'll get there, and I appreciate the support.

Im in Seattle, I'll keep my eyes open as well.... there was a burned up one silverton found on a trail up at snoqualmie pass.... did you park yours on first ave s?

I think I know the one on 1st ave S, but that wasn't mine. That one (just south of the W Seattle bridge) has a brush guard. I work just south of there, though, at 3rd and Dawson. I don't drive it every day, and park it in a garage in between.

If all turns out well, I'll catch you a beverage sometime at Slim's. Sure hope it doesn't end up like the one mentioned above...

License plate number? white pathfinders with dings and dents are a dime-a-dozen around here you know... But will also keep my eye open of course!

I'm worried about the fate of my pathfinder, especially with your insurance company saying four have been stolen in the last thirty days...

P.S. If I saw it, I would follow it, no matter what my appointment was.

Edited by silverton

License plate number? white pathfinders with dings and dents are a dime-a-dozen around here you know... But will also keep my eye open of course!

I'm worried about the fate of my pathfinder, especially with your insurance company saying four have been stolen in the last thirty days...

P.S. If I saw it, I would follow it, no matter what my appointment was.

Hopefully this works from here. Camping out where itnwas taken, as I couldn't sleep anyway. License is 377tjx. I suppose I have nothing to hide... If I get her back, trying to figure out the best theft deterrent possible. Insurance tells me that these are stolen so that someone can live in it for a few days. Feel-good story all around.

Should you see it, post it, and i'll be there soon.

License is 377tjx. I suppose I have nothing to hide

If you want a community to be eyes for you, a tag number is definitely required. Because like I said, white pathfinders are a dime a dozen around here. Also a contact phone number would be helpful, I have the net on my phone so I could just post in this thread, but others do not have that luxury.

If you want a community to be eyes for you, a tag number is definitely required. Because like I said, white pathfinders are a dime a dozen around here. Also a contact phone number would be helpful, I have the net on my phone so I could just post in this thread, but others do not have that luxury.

I'm all for having the help of the community here, and appreciate the support. Hopefully it's found, still in OK shape, and I'll meet the group in person somewhere outside.

In the meantime, I'm hesitant to put my personal phone number up for all to see, and as I travel a lot for work, it's really the only consistent way to get a hold of me. If anyone spots it, just call the police, they "should" be looking for it as well.

yea, i wouldnt post your #... lol

I work almost under the 1st AVE bridge on w marginal way s. I'll continue to keep my eyes open, if I see it ill call the cops and follow.. lol

Edited by beavis0076

I live in Vancouver, I'll keep my eyes open. I followed a white Pathfinder earlier but the license plate was different. It shows how important that information is, there really are a lot running around. Good luck to you man.

I live in Vancouver, I'll keep my eyes open. I followed a white Pathfinder earlier but the license plate was different. It shows how important that information is, there really are a lot running around. Good luck to you man.

I love the effort. Thank you!

No word from the police yet, which I'm taking as a bad sign. Trying to keep my hopes up just the same...

I'll keep my eyes peeled as well. My shop is in a popular 'dumping ground' for everything stolen from trucks to safes. It is probably parked on the street somewhere in a 'low-rent' residential. That's where most stolen vehicles are recovered. Many are 'found' when parking enforcement comes along. Also keep in mind that if they were going to drive it around it may have stolen plates off another vehicle on it so look for the stickers noted above.

Everyone should have a hidden fuel pump kill switch even if you have a good alarm!

• 4 weeks later...