engine swap question

swapdip

The oil pans are different, that will need to be swapped. I'm not sure of anything else though. lol.gif

With the oil pan you will need to swap the oil pickup tube as well.

Remove the pilot bushing and MT flywheel as you won't need it for the auto, swap over the torque converter....

The 2wd has a partial water pump compared to the 4x4, the wider one can be put in with the 4x4 timing covers to seal up the sides of the cover better.

yes but he should have that from his old engine, It swaps right over. He already has what he needs and know he knows what he has to swap while both enignes are out.

With the oil pan you will need to swap the oil pickup tube as well.

Remove the pilot bushing and MT flywheel as you won't need it for the auto, swap over the torque converter....

The 2wd has a partial water pump compared to the 4x4, the wider one can be put in with the 4x4 timing covers to seal up the sides of the cover better.

yep, just like he said. We put a 2wd 1994 engine in my 4wd 1992 pathfinder, those are exactly the parts we moved over. ps dont forget to transfer the oil dip stick, oil pan depth is different.

Edited by jgt

Basicly it's already all been covered, my last swap was ka engines in a HB but assuming it should be similar. The oil pan/pickup tube/dipstick need swapped, remove all the M/T parts from back of the crank and save the flywheel spacer from your auto truck, you WILL need that (learned the hard way, I DONT want that on a 5 speed truck) and generally remember to order engine parts for a 2wd motor.