Grown in 2 door

Riding my bike the other day, I noticed a fairly grown in 2 door on a neighbor's front yard partially hidden by a bush. His pit bulls kept me at bay, but it seemed fairly complete, not rusty (from a distance of 15 feet, anyways), good glass and tires, and a pretty attractive gray color. I'm thinking about asking him about it, and trying to get it to run, and failing that maybe parting it out on this site and then ditching the undesirable parts for scrap. Given that a rolling frame is worth $200 at the scrap yard, what do you guys think is the most I should pay for it? Is it a worthy venture? Is there much desire here for a parted out 2 door? And would you guys be interested in helping me get it on the road, if its still in good enough condition? The summer is looming and idle hands are the devils advocate, after all.

Edited by swapdip

Decide what is the most money you think you can afford for it. Offer him half of that. If he says no, say ok, thanks. Wait 2 days, go back and say you borred a few bucks from a friend and give <3/4 of what you'd pay> cash.

• 2 weeks later...