anyone know about buying a car from the junk yard...(california)

ac92pathfinder

and registering it. i have a nissan sentra with a rusted body and i wanna find a better body and put my motor in to it and use whatever body parts that the new body needs. my question is if i register it will it be a salvaged title?

I don't know how Cali is but here if the junkyard didn't transfer it out of being a regular title (some yards are lazy) you could possibly get away with re-registering it. If it's a salvage certificate you have to go through an enhanced inspection station after it's roadworthy and apply for a r-title (reconstructed). You can't legally street register a salvage certificated vechile here. Of course there are other ways I don't particularry condone...

and registering it. i have a nissan sentra with a rusted body and i wanna find a better body and put my motor in to it and use whatever body parts that the new body needs. my question is if i register it will it be a salvaged title?

here is what you will have to do. Besides all the hoops you have to go through to get it smogged, you will have to gave a brake and Tailight inspection done, you will also have to have a dmv inspection done. As long as all the vin plates on the vehicle match you will have no problems with the dmv inspection. If any of them don't match you will have to go to CHP and have them make a Custom vin plate to attach to the vehicle. And yes all vehicles that have had a junk slip, if they are to be reregistered will have a salvaged title.

This is based on doing this about 15 years ago. Things could have changed now.

Mark