OFFICIAL NPORA T-SHIRTS THREAD

DSM_guy

I love the shirt!! Awesome job...but...yes there is a "but"...

I'm not too keen on the PF jumping out of the "A" in NPORA. I think just the one image on the back is perfect. Its an awesome idea but I think it took the shirt a little too far. If that was removed I would be 100% satisifed - you have my vote for president, I mean designer! :beer:

<edit> Also we need to seperate OffRoad (Off Road) or atleast Off-Road.</edit>

~Jason

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the back and like the front but am going to make another sugestion for the front if its still going on the shirt...

Make a couple of the peaks look snow capped. With a jagged line and a black outline of the peak and no fill.

Or make the line above the www.nissanpathfinders.com the ground and put a pathy on that line and have it driving through trees.

If I had a clue on how you were coming up with these I would mock one up.

yeah, the front hasnt been refined, it was the first chop i did. i need to toy around with the mountains some more, and i do agree that the snow peaks thing would look pretty cool. all im using is PS dude, not anything real special. its just sorta a bish to actually DRAW things in ps...much easier to modify existing photographs (and iv tried that too for the mountains). but ill keep cracking away...not like we have to have these tomorrow

ok, in taking advice, here is the most recently updated shirt. no jumping PF, but i did bold up the NPORA a bit cuz it looked kinda wimpy.

npora_shirt_4.jpg

Dude, that's awesome for the back. Looks perfect. NPORA lettering, too.

I'm thinking about a subdued red (not an eye-scorcher) and the same green as service-issue tees. (Fruit Of The Looms).

I got a Colorado tee that color and it's my favorite tee. B)

I actually like the "It's a Nissan thing...You Wouldn't Understand" slogan but two slogans on one shirt is too much. There needs to be only one and I reckon "Find Your Own Path" is a better slogan. :)

I'm only against slogans that effectively say "My Pathfinder is golden and your Jeep is a POS" because I'm sure I'm not the only guy here who occasionally goes wheeling with Jeepers. (Actually, I admit it. I like Jeeps, but not as much as the mighty Pathfinders). My point is, though, when I need a hand with a recovery, I don't want to be wearing a tee that says to the other guy "your vehicle sucks". :crazy: Maybe I'm crazy but I'm not that crazy... :huh:

I'll repost shortly with a simple 'mountains' idea for the front.

Yes..the white shirt looks WICKED AWESOME! :clap: I agree on the "one slogan" thing too.... "find your own Path" is PERFECT.

I wish the black tee's could be cleaned up a bit..as I must admit..white lasts about 5 seconds with me..... But if I could get them in any color but white..count me in for 2 or 3! :bow:

Just another quick note from the chick who's being a PITA.. (that would be me :D ) Just a thought..but a lot of the "logo'd" t's that I have..you can't read the back...I have long hair and the logo always seems so high up the back of the shirt...maybe have the NPORA logo (or whatever is going to be on the back) in the middle or just above? I want people to SEE what I am trying to advertise.. :idea:

I was reading this earlier post and had an idea.

A long-hair-friendly version...

abb.sized.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

(Sorry Slick, just foolin' around :dance: )

^^ahahaaa, there we go. "special model" i know its exactly what she ask NOT to happen, but the fact of the matter is that it just looks funky with everything flip flopped. i dunno what to tell her honestly. i can see where shes coming from, but i dont want to compromise design either...just wear your hair up when your sporting the NPORA t. and this design hasent even been formally adopted, so there are still other designs to toy with.

i do wish the design for the dark shirts were better, im gonna try playing with it. instead of a stark white, i may go with a grey instead for the lighter areas (grey and blk)

fast chop of new blk design? eh, maybe...i dunno

npora_black_shirt.jpg

DSM Guy,

Yeah, grey might be better on the black shirts.

<EDIT> The pic above is really good <EDIT>

From her last post, I think Slick likes the direction you're takin just fine.

(I just couldn't resist a stab at humor). ;)

As per my earlier post (a couple above this one), here's a suggestion for the front logo. It's pretty close to your design.

(Just imagine it's resized for the shirt).

abc.sized.jpg

dude, i like that for the front...but possibly do away with the color and make it white. but i really like where your going with the kinda sketchy patchy feel. the mountains look good...but maybe drop them down on the text a bit further...and i like the functional divider line

DSM - kudos to you... I just finished setting up some tees for my Xterra Club...

lots of work, and much patience needed with everyones input...

thought i'd show off my designs... maybe spark some inspiration!

the back:

FINALBACK.jpg

I see cafepress was mentioned above... they're stuff is ok, I think their main selling point is convenience!

I have a tee from them, and the ones we had silkscreened are WAY better quality!

slick design there pezzy...me likey.

hey mark, did you do the front in MS paint or PS or what? id REALLY like to have your design on a transparent background...but thats only if your using PS. let me know and you can email me the file. thanks!

DSM -

These shirts are hot - or as some people say, "da shiznet". heehee

The "Find Your Own Path" goes perfect with Jim's PF grabbing some Michael Jordan Hang Time!

I'm all about the slogans today - maybe because its friday but..."I'm lovin' it"

~Jason

The "Find Your Own Path" goes perfect with Jim's PF grabbing some Michael Jordan Hang Time!

i totally agree. not only does it say "find your own path" with letters...but nothing says "find your own path" like a Pathfinder tackling a ridge with its nose 6ft in the air!

any comments on the new dark shirt design? like? yes, no, maybe? i think i have refined the light shirt design to where its gonna be if it gets adopted. but...here is the kicker...i need the high resolution image of jims pathy leaping through the air. if i dont, and we use this 72dpi image that i picked off the net..the image is gonna be crappy. the lettering is all fine, but the images i need hi res. if anyone has the hi res image or if jim could send me his origional...that would rock.

oh, and has anyone been looking at printers? all the design work in the world isnt gonna help if we have nowhere to output to.

Yes, the black w/grey looks good and the Mountains that Mark did look good as well. As for a photos of Jims Pathy, if you want one of him catching some air, that was from a Video.

I can email you the photos of his Pathy that I have, but I need your email. Send my a PM with your email and I will send you what I have.

DSM Guy,

You're doing one helluva job with these designs. I tried my hand at Paint Shop Pro and didn't do too well at it at all, so I guess you're now the official NPORA Graphics Designer :D

Could you possibly play around with the font on the NPORA logo and "Find Your Own Path"? I know it matches the font on the web logo, but some kind of sketchy font like Mark posted might not look so plain on a t-shirt.

Also, I like the suggestion that Jdub had about putting the "www.nissanpathfinders.com" line in the ground instead of another line outside the image. It would condense everything and make it look cleaner, not so wordy.

Just my $.02

man, i haven't checked this thread in a bit and you guys went nuts. -bounce-

good work.

here is my couple of pennies worth.

I didn't care for the jumping tk untill in the latest black the ground was given some depth. maybe a bit of the chassis on the tk would be in order. it's growing on me...

to me there is a bit much writing there. i hope you guys are thinking shirts with pockets. on the pocket i'd simply say either the url or find your own path in some kinda kool hand writing. (my fav. is monotype corsiva but, anything along those lines)

Maybe we could use tire tread (tracks) as the NPORA letters or the slogan or something like that. or underneath the above mentioned jumping tk or as underline for NPORA....

i personally really like Mark's etch-a-sketch tk.

i'll post my pose in a bit. it's nothing like 88's though. Holymoly! :eek:

It's Mr Jim's 'etch-a-sketch' truck. :D *lol*

But I like the other pic better.

88's pics above would be awesome but I reckon it's more appropriate to use Jim's truck.

Hey DSM,

Dude I just did it in MS Paint. (The sketchy 'artistic' font was actually an accident but I loved the way it looked ;) )

If you want it, I'll email you the file, as a bitmap or a jpeg. Whichever.

Just PM me your email address.

BTW, I love the new grey-on-black design.

Everyone seems to have a different take on the type of tee shirts we use. Maybe we should set up a poll and ask people to vote on their fave. It means we'd all have to accept the majority rule, though. :huh:

#1 Regular tee

#2 Pocket tee

#3 Polo Shirt

#4 Long-sleeve tee

If there's a complete failure to agree ( :gossip: -argue- :gossip: ), I'd propose we have the 'back' and 'front' logos printed as iron-on transfers . Then everyone could buy a couple of each and put them on their own favorite shirts and stuff. Besides, iron-on transfers would be considered retro and cool at the mo'. :dance:

PS: Don't look at me to line up a printer. I live on the wrong continent for most of yall. :P

Cheers :type: