OFFICIAL NPORA T-SHIRTS THREAD

DSM_guy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, after reading through the thread, i think there are a few things that need clearing up.

there arent going to be "pictures" per se on the shirts. what i mean is...its not gonna be full color full background and everything. i asked for pictures because we need something to work off of to create a silhouete like the DSM TUNERS shirts, or one to tone back the colors and create body lines like the TEAM 2GNT shirts.

2nd, after checking with some people who did team shirts for another club im in, you have to have a minimum order number for EACH DESIGN. now, here is the problem. we have probably 30 people or so who are gonna buy shirts. but here are the proposed designs. (1) WD-21 2 door (2) WD-21 4-door (3) R50 (4) new Pathfinder. and its been suggested that we have some offroad, chassis twisting designs, and some on street designs. the problem here, is we are looking at 4-8 different designs here...with only about 30 takers. now not only is that going to take a long time to design, but in the small quantities that will be sold, im not sure we can get them printed. like i said earlier, most shops have a minumim of each style, and im afraid we have too many styles and too few buyers. im not trying to discourage anyones ideas, but it we have too many designs, then they arent gonna get made. we need to find some common ground. for example, my DSM's body style is a bit different than the one pictured on the 2GNT and DSM TUNERS shirts. and as far as the newest pathfinders, i dont really see anyone here that owns one, and i think it will be a while before the new pathy off road crowd gets here lol. just some things to chew over guys

Good call, those detailed photos are just too much to put on a t-shirt. A solid silouette type pic that has the angles of a Pathfinder would be way easier to recognize from more than 10 ft. away.

IMHO, I think the WD-21 2 door would be a good idea simply b/c it's the "original" body style and b/c that's what I drive, lol. But then again it seems the majority out there are the WD-21 4-door, so maybe that is a better call. Either way I don't really care which pic is put on the t-shirts. We just need a basic pic, maybe even an animated off road pic like on those old vintage tee's of the 70's. That'd be sweet ace!

I think Madhatter's right. The WD-21, especially the 2-door, is the most distinctive Pathfinder. Nothing else looks anything like it. I'm personally an R50 guy, but it wouldn't be distictive enough. It needs to be recognizable at a glance.

Also, DSM Guy's right about how it should be a stylised design, not a photo. A photo would look all wrong on a T shirt anyway.

So, with some inspiration from everyone above, especially DSM Guy, and a $hit-hot slogan suggested by inqydesu above in this thread, here's some suggestions:

aay.sized.jpg

Or shown on green (red, blue, white, yellow, grey etc. would also be possible.)

aaz.sized.jpg

My suggestion would be to offer a shirt with either:

1) Small logo on left breast.

2) Small logo on left breast and larger logo on center of back.

I'd also suggest we use a plain, regular T shirt.

A decent printer should offer us a variety of sizes from S to XXL and three or four color options. Now the printer shouldn't charge much, if any, extra for a couple of basic color options as they pay pretty much the same, wholesale, for the shirts regardless of color.

Let's see more designs...

Hope you all like 'em. ;)

Cheers,

I agree that the image needs to be a little more upbeat. The image above (no offense) is a little to bland. We need it upated for this century. These t-shirt makers can handle fairly nice images.

~Jason

Okay. Listening to suggestions above.

Is this a bit better? Still just ideas.

aba.sized.jpg

I like this pic cuz it's a bit twisty-looking, it'll transfer to T-shirt well and it's Mr Jim's truck, which seems appropriate.

There's two banners in this pic cuz I can't decide which is the better one, so they're both here for you guys to see.

I'm also really keen on having WWW.NISSANPATHFINDERS.COM

and Find your own Path... in the final design

Cheers,

I definitely agree on the website and slogan.

I think the actual club logo should go on the shirt.

And a single picture of a Pathfinder in a really nasty situation.

I like the picture of Mr. Jim's Pathy, but I think it needs to be a little bit more hardcore for the shirt. I also like the way its stylized.

:aok:

wow, mark and jrvanas i love those pics!

as for slogans, i was trying to incorporate the fact that pathfinders..although rugged are pretty classy vehicles. its why i chose mine instead of a regular old jeep.

maybe something like "running trails with class...its a Pathfinder thing...you wouldent understand" or something like that.

hmm, or possibly "kick'n hiney with class...its a Pathfinder thing...you wouldent understand."

EDIT: and you all very well know i didnt intend for "hiney" to go on the shirt hahaa

I REALLY like the pic of Mr Jims truck comin up off that jump..and the logo. That is great for shirts. Simple, but wicked good.

Why y'all gotta be so mean..ya know..(ok..I know..I sold it 3 months ago) I have been a Jeeper for years, and they are VERY capable vehicles (I had a Wrangler Islander).... and I am feeling a little "butt-hurt" over the massive amounts of Jeep insults. It will make us look like little kids saying "mines bigger than yours", if we do the slogans against Jeeps. We want to tell EVERYONE Pathfinders are the BEST. Not just the Jeep crowd. Keep it classy and more people will be curious as to just how awesome Pathfinders really are.

ok. I am done with my PMS for today. LOL

Great shirt ideas though! :clap:

p.s.- I really like the "find your own path" saying..it's short, to the point, and shows an independance of the vehicle to think "outside the box" :cool2:

here is some stuff i threw together. on the front i like the mountains above the logo, but i cant get them to look right. i suck at drawing mountains hahaa. and remember guys, these are just my renderings and we dont have to use ANY of it, im just posting ideas like everyone else.

EDIT: the back design has been fixed

front (so far)

npora_shirt_front.jpg

back

npora_back_2.jpg

I like the second one. i would buy one if the price was right.

Sorry about the jeep comment i just dont like cocky jeepers ie. Its a jeep thing you wouldnt understand. because they dont know the limits of their vehicles and it causes alot of accidents. just needed to get that off my chest.

DSM Guy,

SOLD.

I really like the second one. I'll buy one. :cool2:

And I think your mountains look fine in the frontal design.

I love the "find your own path" slogan B)

Also it's cool that it's Mr Jim's truck in the pic. It should be.

I want to be perfectly clear on one point, though. Slick and others are right. It would be foolish to have a shirt that sticks it to Jeeps.

Murphy's Law says that you'd be wearing that shirt when you got stuck bad and the only help around was a club of guys passing by in Wranglers or Cherokees. :o

With cameras. :(

here is a quick one i did with a black shirt. i just inverted everything. LMK what you guys think..im almost more partial to the white shirt design myself, but if we go with any dark colored shirts like navy or black..this is what it would more than likley have to look at. i think white and lt grey would do fine with the other design.

npora_black_concept.jpg

Why can't we have both?

Is the printer going to charge extra or something?

I prefer the design on the white shirt, but I don't want a white shirt.

Can't we have a couple colors?

If not, put me down for grey.

no no, we can have as many colors as we want. im just saying, you cant use the predominately dark logo and picture and all that on a DARK colored t shirt. that will only go with grey and white. if you go with a dark color, it will need the inverted pic i just posted up...with the predominately light logo and picture. no, we can and should have both light and dark styles to buy...i know ill be getting at least one of each.

as far as colors, i figure white, lt grey, navy, and black would do pretty well. those are usually the typical colors that are used for club t's.

but again, im not completely running the show here...so dont think im boxing yall in or making some sort of rules or whatever. yall were here before me..im just trying to help this along

THose look sweet. I definately like the white with black, how about a black with white too? If a large enough order is placed, should be about 15 bucks a shirt. Thats just from my experiences. I'd definately be in for at least two, one white and one dark, either black or blue whichever whay we go.

You're right about the white on dark.

I'm just sayin' lets have some options.

I'd suggest a dark logo on white, grey and red tees.

And a white logo on navy, green and black tees.

Or something similar.

Cheers,

Maritime man great to hear that we will have your order. and 15 sounds about right. we bought ours for 15 shipped and i know we could get a good deal going and get the same price.

mark, we are seeing eye to eye...we understand eachother. i never thought of red and green...but id definately be down for a dark jade green or something...that would look hot! hmm or even a red one...hell i might just get one of each kind hahaa.

also, iv been pondering on the whole "its a Nissan thing..." and i never meant to really make a hurtfull jab at jeep owners...it was more of a "poking fun" type of deal. that was the reason that "I" put it in the design was just to have a little fun. some people may mean to degrade jeep owners...im really not..could care less really. just a play on words. and if you think about it..it makes a little more sense and fits our slogan a bit better. "find your own path...its a Nissan thing...you wouldent understand" versus "its a jeep thing...you wouldent understand" its kinda like "uh, wouldent understand what...what is there to understand?" i think it would be deragatory and instigational (is that even a word?) if i was like "...its a Nissan thing...jeep owners wouldent understand" then yeah, i could see people getting up in arms over that. anyways, this is just through one mans eyes..so i think im gonna start a poll and see how many people are for or against it. i personally like the touch, but its not MY shirt either. so lets vote away.

I'm all over the white shirt with black background, just cause I think it looks the cleanest. As for the pic, I'd say Jim's truck looks great and is really fitting to the origins of the club he founded. Plus, if you think about it, it covers all the gound and splits it halfway between the beginning (2 door's) and the latest (R50's). Plus, he's like a freaking god here. :D Even if he's a tad tied up lately. The 2005 Pathy won't be on the trail for years to come. And finally, I'd lean toward the "Find Your Own Path" slogan as really fitting for this group. I'd love to rub it in the face of the JeepSheep as much as the next guy, but really, that slogan is classy without the need to sound like a stuck up chump. I'd like people to actually approach me if they had questions about the truck, rather than thinking "check out that shirt- what an a$sh0le." Ya know what I mean?