OFFICIAL NPORA T-SHIRTS THREAD

DSM_guy

All of the image links are broken. I have no idea what they look like. I think we should have a WD21 (either a 2-door or 4-door but not both), an R50, and an R51. Have the three lined up side by side looking at them from a front-quarter angle.

Just like KnOxville said, I'm sure you've all come up with your design already.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. that's a LOT of Pathys on a shirt... 2 in the back n 2 in the front? I can't see 4 Pathys all fitting on the front, unless the pictures are very very small indeed.... hmm.. I wish I was at my "hacienda".. I have design toys on my puter.... (not that I am 100% swift at using them yet..)

What Knoxville said!!! Check out cafefreepress you can open a store with any graphic made to spec and have it printed on an enormouse number of products. The prices are resonable without markup. Like 13 dollars for a shirt etc.

I can do graphic designs if your interested. I guess I should go ahead and join, I have only been toying with the Idea since Jim first started Npora!

Pathylogical

pretty cool, but you know, to keep everyone happy, you gotta make sure all our trucks are on there!

I have a tee from cafe press

not that great

the logo is pretty much an iron on

thats an idear. if thats the kinda shirt you'd all want, i can throw a lil collage together of peoples rigs who are buying and put it all together. but i dont wanna be the one selling them. If someone wants to open a shop at cafepress or where ever, id be glad to do the photoshop stuff and send the pics over to who ever wants to sell. OR, even just a solo pic in between the headers?

heres a question... when and if someone buys these shirts and such.. where is the money going?? im asking, because im about to open a shop at cafepress, but it seems to only take checks, and i dont know where to have the checks sent to? As of now, i have it so the checks will come to me. Should it go to the NPORA site owners, or should i just try and sell the things and pocket the few bucks? And also, i can add any picture to the back of anything on here, so if ya want something it can be done... heres the shop i got started. Order a way if you like, just remember checks are going to my house for now.NPORA STUFF

Edited by Kn0xville

I've had CafePress t-shirts in the past, and I must say, they are not worth the money or the trouble. It would be a much better idea to have a professional silkscreening shop make the t-shirts, and have a Paypal account setup to accept the payments for the shirts, then all the profits go straight to NPORA. That's my $0.02.

I would be proud to sport an NPORA shirt, but I do not want to spend $13, $15, or even $5 on a shirt with a cheezy iron-on graphic that will come off after 2 or 3 washes.

I know of a screenprinting/silkscreening shop that does absolutely outstanding work. I have a few t-shirts made by them, and have put them through numerous washes (probably on the order of 40-50) and they are just starting to show wear. Yes, they cost more up front, but think of it this way, would you rather spend $20 on a t-shirt now, and have it last you 2, 3 years or longer, or spend $13 on a shirt and have it last only 2-3 months.

Also, with a professionally made shirt, it will make them stand out that much more, people will notice them thinking "Wow, that's a nice shirt! I wonder what it's all about?" instead of, "Damn, that is one stupid looking shirt, I bet they got it from CafePress."

Another thing, I absolute despise shirts with different color sleeve and collar endings like the ones Kris posted. The shirt design needs to flow with the color of the shirt. A design with a black background is going to look retarded on a white shirt. Also, you have to make sure that the aspect ratio of the design is maintained, otherwise it will look very skewed (which is another issue with the CafePress stuff, they make the designs square to fill the back of the shirt, even if they're not, and mess up the aspect ratio of them.) Look closer at the back of the shirt that Kris posted with Mr.Jim's Pathy jumping...it looks tweaked, and that makes the shirt look crummy, IMO.

Why don't we look into getting someone with experience designing shirts to step in and take the reigns on the design, and then I, along with several other people, can step forward, and bring the designs to t-shirt shops around the country, and get quotes, and make a determination from there. I know that Pezzy has some experience with this, since she did the design for the SOXC Tee's last year. If she can't do it, or would rather not, we could try to get ahold of Brad (RedX, on other forums), as he has done all the t-shirts for NOAS, and they look awesome. Or, if someone here has graphic design skills and wants to show off a lil, come on down, show your skills!

My feeling on this, is that if we're going to do it, we may as well do it right. No shortcuts, no easy way out, no cheesy photoshopped collages. I've seen shirts like that, and while the design may look good on a computer screen, it usually looks cheesy or trashy on a shirt. Something to think about.

Another thing, I absolute despise shirts with different color sleeve and collar endings like the ones Kris posted

all my shirts have the 'coloured collar endings!' i guess us canadians just have a sense of style. :P And ya, i agree, a real printed shirt other than an iron on patch would be much better. If someone can do so, and make ordering easy, and if someone wants to fork out the cash to have a crap load made than that would be the better plan. But if you just want something to take on a trail meet or whatever in the near future, than that shop is open. And i also agree that if any profits are made, they should go to NPORA. Just give me the address to put in that lil shop i did, and ill put it there. And have anyone bought a mug or other product other than the shirts from cafepress? wondering how the quality is.

Ok I know I am one of the new guy's here, and have not yet actually joined NPORA (which will happen soon, I promise :aok: ) But how about making the shirts black in color, rather than white?

I know many people like white but for general use, dirty/muddy offroad trips :beer: and nights that it's stepped up a bit more -alcohol- they "might" hold up a bit longer... aka show less :oops: stains

;)