OFFICIAL NPORA T-SHIRTS THREAD

DSM_guy

well, after talking to "88" i think we might start the ball rolling by comming together on a few design ideas as well as arrangements for the production and distribution.

K9sar, that would be great if you could get an idea on pricing, and it should be pretty cometetive if you have a few near you. if anyone else has screeners in their area, feel free to volunteer and check prices out. im sure im like the rest of you...not made of money, and i want the best deal, but at the same time...the best quality that we can get. id like to make this as cheap, yet the best, that we can make it. when we got ours done, we used a 3 color setup. grey, black, and white. whenever you start using alot of colors, thats when the costs really start mounting.

ok, design ideas. i agree that we need both generations (wd21 & R50) on the shirts..and i dont forsee that being an issue at all. we do need to rework the logo, and ill play around with ID and PS a bit to see what i cant come up with. shoot, even if you do the design in MS paint, or some other drawing. heck, if you cant do that and dont have a scanner or camera, draw it out on paper, mail it to me, and i can scan and host it for all to see. im trying to get this off the ground and help as much as possible, but by no means do i wanna hog all the design work. this is a club t and i believe everyone who is ordering one should be heard. i further agree that we need the pathy on the shirt to be doing something other than just sitting there. we need to find a middle ground here tho. we have both extremes...those who are bone stock, and those who are die-hard rock crawlers. we need to find a medium here that will suit both parties. but we need something agressive, afterall, "off road" is part of the club name lol.

web address, definately!

club such as "team NPORA" or something on the back...i dunno.

i want all the help and imput guys. if nothing, just sit down and write all the ideas that come to you down and post em up.

ill try and get some pics of other club t's that i have to give all of us ideas. in no way am i saying we need to pattern them off those that i have, but it will at least get the ideas flowing on what we do and dont like.

as far as orders, please see the poll that jrvanas has already set up. id like to keep this thread for ideas and design discussion only. if we get this done, we will have another thread set up for orders.

oh, and "88", if you wouldent mind, could you please sticky this sir? thank you!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks much 88, this will help out a bunch. and can do all 3 types...NP.

origionally posted by red-finder:

"I think the design like on the home page with Jim's truck would look pretty cool "

i think this would be a sweet idea for the front of the shirt. with the truck and text, and could even be used on the back on a larger scale either above or below the main large image.

ok, here are some examples of some of the ones iv seen done in the past.

578414_215_full.jpg

3784763_B_tn.jpg

3934353_B_tn.jpg

just to give a few ideas. ill try and get some sketches out in the next few days, and i ask that everyone do the same if they are able.

I can't draw to save my life..but my idea is pretty basic. If there are going to be 3 generations of Pathfinders..then why not have all 3 coming "out" of the front of the shirt....all doing something different..to cater to the non-stock, slightly modified, and super duper Pathys? i.e..one twisted on rocks..one in a ditch or similar situation, and one just propped on a rock or in mud? with a saying something like... "Have you wheeled YOUR Pathfinder today?". Then have the www.NPORA.com on the back? Just an idea....... :hide:

There is an online company called CafePress (http://www.cafepress.com) that does T-shirts, Baseball Jerseys, Mugs, Bumper Stickers, Mouse Pads and other cool stuff. Custom white T-shirts are only $14 each. I believe they are generic white shirts, though.

The quality probably isn't going to be as good as a private screenprinter, but it's something to consider. I know L&P has a line of stuff through them, as well as a few people on VWVortex who have designed VW related T-Shirts, and such.

They have over 70 products to choose from with your own uploaded designs. Hooded sweatshirts are $25. They've got everything from Clocks, to baby clothes, to thongs, and bags...

However, I think we might be better off going with a private screenprinter so we can actually physically deal with the people who will be making the shirts, so we can get them done right the first time and not look ridiculous.

I'll spend some time tonight and tomorrow (lots of free time!) researching and working on ideas for designs.

I definitely agree with a lot of the ideas so far. Maybe we could do a shot like this:

http://comp.uark.edu/~tlriley/webpage/leemikesjeep.jpg

Or:

*well, everyone knows the type of picture I'm thinking of here....it's the one where one truck is parked on the front tire of another one...don't really know if this is possible, but it would make a cool t-shirt*

The photos we use will have to flow together seemlessly in order to work well. I hate to suggest this, but a poser shot with one of each gen Pathfinder flexing out on some rocks would look nice for a T-Shirt. One thing to remember is we are working with a very limited space...

More to come. :aok:

i like the styling of those DSM tuner shirts. Maybe throw a Nissan symbol in there somewhere, or on the sleeve. A front shot similar to the third dsm shirt would look sweet. Just take one from an R50 and a WD21 too

Just another quick note from the chick who's being a PITA.. (that would be me :D ) Just a thought..but a lot of the "logo'd" t's that I have..you can't read the back...I have long hair and the logo always seems so high up the back of the shirt...maybe have the NPORA logo (or whatever is going to be on the back) in the middle or just above? I want people to SEE what I am trying to advertise.. :idea:

ok guys, here is what i need. i need pictures...good ones...of 2 and 4 dr wd21's, as well as r50's. sitting, flexing, jumping...whatever. some that might could be used on the shirt. dosent matter about color or dents or whatever, cuz they are gonna get traced and filled with black and white (for my design ideas anyways) so they are almost a sihouletted look...like the dsm tuners shirts.

that might could be used

Haha...I love it.

I'll gather a bunch of pics and post them here tonight... :aok:

Does anyone know if Dean Thayer (XplorX4 on AC) is a member here? If I recall correctly, I believe he is a member of the association, but I don't think I've seen him on the boards....Anyone? Reason I ask, is because he has some great photos of his truck in action (Rubicon, etc...).

Go to google and type in "Nissan Pathfiner" for images. I found tons of nice flexing and "logo" style images. I can email them if you want but I just went to google - but it would be better to have a flex from an actual NPORA member.

~Jason

. They've got everything from Clocks, to baby clothes, to thongs, and bags...

I can see it now.... an infant outfit that reads "I just did a Jeep thing. Now, pull over the Pathfinder and change me." :)

That gives me an idea....

How about a line that reads:

"I understand the Jeep thing...That's why I drive a Pathfinder!"

:D:P

haha dood, i LOVE that. just so you guys know, i havent forgotten yall. iv been swamped with school and have a butt-load of projects due next week. iv done some sketching, but nothing that im happy with. but then again, there is no time crunch here. ill try to get some renderings up asap. i advise you guys to do the same thing!

#1) Y'know, in the next 12 months, we're gonna start getting members on here with the new 05-06 Pathys...Will they be on the logo?...

#2) Everyone has a different idea of what they like in a T-shirt. We're gonna need at least 4-5 different styles and 4-5 different colors.

If that jacks up the price, somewhat, so be it. As long as it' not ridiculous.

#3) You may or may not like Jeeps, but take a look at the merchandise page at Jeep.com. They have an awesome publicity machine and big money to spend (and we don't) but there are some good ideas there, anyway...

Cheers,

PS: "It's a Nissan thing, you Jeepers wouldn't understand..."