Att: All Northwest Memebers!

5523Pathfinder

10 members have voted

1. 1. Were would you like to wheel with Jim?

• Manatash
    • Tahuya
    • Liberty
    • Walker Valley
    • Elbe
    • Tillamook
    • Evans Creek
    • Somewhere else(post it up)

These are the places that have been suggested. If you have info on any of these places or somewhere else you have gone and like, post it up! I will let this run until the end of May(due to the loss of Jared), then I will post up dates!!

Derek

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

I vote Manastash.. its centrally located off of I90 and has great weather... nice and dry climate and according to P88 has plenty of good camping, which will be needed for people traveling... i dont know this wheeling place, but know the town and it should be a good spot.

Oh, if you are going to vote, Please, please try and make the run. Dont want a bunch of people to vote for a certian place, then not go.

If you are curious about dates, either September or October.

I'm supposed to fill out an aproval form and get safetey breifings if I travel more that 2hrs from the base.(yeh I know really dumb) That usually doesn't stop me from going somewhere but if I get broke down on the trail and can't make it back right away that from is the differance beteen me getting in allot of trouble or just being told to try and get back as soon as possible.

Assuming I know the date far enough in advance I should be able to get my 29b no problem but sometimes it takes more than week.

Tahuya, Walker Valley, Elbe & Evans Creek are all in that 2 hr range.

Anywhere else and I'd like to know the date @ least 3 wks in advance.

IF we have a tie, I may have Jim make the decision on where to go!

One day left!!!

Evens creek is really far north compared to manastash, Evens creek looks like a fun place but im most likely out if it is at even creek because of range.

Evens creek is really far north compared to manastash, Evens creek looks like a fun place but im most likely out if it is at even creek because of range.

If your in tualatin evans is much closer than manastash, like by a few hours.

and btw.

I was up there this weekend, still a LOT of snow up manastash.

From Jim....

I would prefer to go to Evans Creek personally I think. That's just my 2 cents.

What date are we thinking about doing this?

I think thats that. Evan Creek it is. Ok, one day, if anyone has any questions post them now. I will throw out dates tomorrow afternoon!

Derek

Well darn it. I was hoping to go somewhere new, but at least this is much closer to my house so much more feasible for my budget. And when we go... there shouldn't be any snow... or sheets of ice :headwall:

It would be best to pick a weekday to do it, as there shouldn't be too many people, a weekend during the warmer months would probably make for a crowded trail.

Well darn it. I was hoping to go somewhere new, but at least this is much closer to my house so much more feasible for my budget. And when we go... there shouldn't be any snow... or sheets of ice headwall.gif

It would be best to pick a weekday to do it, as there shouldn't be too many people, a weekend during the warmer months would probably make for a crowded trail.

then allot of us will have to take days off from work.

In my case Leave paperwork should be started @ least 2 weeks in advance if I'm gonna take a work day off.

I can do it but I will need notice, but I'm afraid other members may not have a that luxury

I was wrong about where even creek is located thanks for setting me straight on that. Looked over some videos of the area. Is there a staging area that is safe to leave a tow rig and a trailer? I might trailer the pathy up there just in case I brake it up there.

I was wrong about where even creek is located thanks for setting me straight on that. Looked over some videos of the area. Is there a staging area that is safe to leave a tow rig and a trailer? I might trailer the pathy up there just in case I brake it up there.

No problem with leaving the trailer, i leave mine there all the time.

The only reason I suggest a weekday is just so we have the trails to ourself and not have to worry about some other club that is there as well, that way we can take our time and have some fun and film a lot of it.

I realize a lot of people have those snazzy 9-5 M-F jobs and can only have the weekends off. Like I said, only a suggestion!