Packie88

Pezzy

Though I didn't know him, he provided me with advice and thoughts through the posts and feeds here on the forum.

My condolences go out to his family and friends

Rest In Peace Jared, you will and are already missed!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP bro...i'd like to see your rig memorialized and on the trails...

A belief instowed (sp?) on me when i was a kid was we all have our time....the Lord decided your time here was a lot shorter than anyone here would have like it to be...I hope there's wheeling on the other side b/c you can bet I'm there!

I didn't know Jared personally, but am saddened by this. It goes to show you how important it is to live like tomorrow may be your last, to be sincere and honest, to love the ones you're with and to be sure to tell the ones you love, that you love them.

My sincere condolences go out to Jareds family- I'm greatly sorry for your loss. By the impact he made on this forum with the Pathfinder community I have no doubt that the impact he made in others lives was even greater.

Rest In Peace, Jared. May your Pathfinder not have a 3.0L V6 in heaven so you can throw all the mud you want buddy.

Did you get the snow wheeling pics from the Post...Just wondering if you did and if theres away to get them off the site or move them hear...

If you're referring to the ones I posted, they're on here from about 3 years ago +/- IIRC. Look for something like "NW Meetup" or so in the trail run or NW areas, I can dig around if you can't find it.

Jared's first outing and first stuck!

Dsc01484.jpg

That was a fun little run. The poor guy got passed while hung up on snow by a minivan right where I was standing (taking pics), then Jared got out to check things out and we realized he was still in 4wd... still in gear... tires spinning away! ;) Live and learn, that guy did. To be fair, on that run he lost to a little snow, 87Pathy lost a coil spring or 2 stretching the legs on his beast of a rig, and I lost some chrome to bad welding. hahaha Scott (Red), had to beat you to the punch!

Jared, I wish there was more time and more fun to get into with ya! :beer:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RIP i recently lost a friend who was 1 year younger than Jared "Packie", its hard on the family but i think its even harder on the friends, especially if you are close with that friend, and his family.

• 3 weeks later...

Late on the draw but I just found this. Saw a RIP Packie in someones signature and spent five minutes sifting through search results to find this. It's weird, I've never met him nor anyone posting in this thread, but for some reason the fact that he's from closer to home, wheeling in places I recognize affects me. I also have a friend from that area who rides a bike, so it touches home even more. RIP Jared :(

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I was clicking around the announcements and this was a shock to me. Jared was a great guy and helped out a young, dumb me around 2007-2008.

I was in my first year at CWU and had a black 92 Pathfinder that I put all-terrains on so I thought I was a badass offroader. There were some great trails north of Ellensburg that I would frequent, and one particular outing I got stuck in super deep snow. I had to walk out about 5 miles with a friend (learned a lesson not to wheel with only one car!). I had no idea what to do. After some brainstorming I thought to look into local offroad forums, seeing if anyone around the area could help salvage it. I pleaded my case to some central Washington offroad forum, Jared responded and offered to help. Even though his pathfinder was way more built than mine, deep snow is nothing to mess with - luckily Jared had a backup plan.

He picked me up and we started off towards the mountains - got to know him a bit, cool laid back guy. We got to my car and luckily no one else had discovered it/messed with it, it had been sitting in a deep gully off of the trail for a good 2 weeks. Jared got stuck as well trying to get closer and attempt a tow, but didn't panic at all. He had been talking to someone on CB, a friend of his. He was giving updates on location and it turns out this friend of his was the actual planned rescue the whole time, he was in a trailered single-seat Toyota on 40" swampers - a fully built crawler. When the Toyota arrived Jared and I stood back in wonder as this thing tooled in and out of the gully with ease just to show how capable it was, then lined up to winch us both out.

Found some pictures on my old photobucket

Me stuck:

stuck1.jpg

Jared stuck:

stuck2.jpg

Rescue:

stuck3.jpg

I'm sure they both thought I was a dumbass kid (which I was) but they were both super cool about it and helped me out immensely. My parents would have been pissed had they known. Afterwards I would wave any time I saw him driving the pathfinder around, unfortunately didn't keep in touch/hang out due to being different ages and cliques. I'll never forget the time he saved my ass though, taught me a love for offroading at the same time. RIP Jared!