Aftermarket Product Reviews

I'd like to take this opportunity to review 3 items recentely installed for the r50. It's always fun and sometimes painful to test new aftermarket parts. Here are the results from some recent "upgrades" -

1. 4x4parts cv axles - these are the worse I've owned to date. I had a boot split within 1000 miles And never wheeled it once! Just locked the hubs for a late spring storm. I wi be going back to stock this week. I'm really shocked as they looked pretty good and was looking forward to going down to Moab this next weekend.

2. 4x4parts rear sway bar disconnect - failed after one mild use. Left link failed and is now warped. Definitely liked the additional articulation. Didn't care for all the rattles. I may give this one a second try. I like having the option for a disconnect as this is my daily driver.

3. 4x4parts rear tail light brush guards - sturdy construction, but do not fit. I might play with these and see what I can do.

I left a vm with ac and am waiting to hear back. I've had great luck with the spring lift using stock strut mounts and ok luck with some of the skids. Don't mean to bash but this is just rediculous! All equipment was properly installed.

I'm waiting on an oil filter relocation kit to test out. Hope to have that reviewed soon.

You can add a big FAIL for the AC R50 snorkel.... made for the Australian engine that has a totally different airbox design... You can search for gopathygo thread about it... I don't understand why a company can sell stuff that do not fit and get away with it.. :scratchhead:

I don't understand why a company can sell stuff that do not fit and get away with it.. :scratchhead:

because they don't expect communitys like here to actually COMMUNICATE and tell each other that something sucks/works.

oil filter relo kit might not work. I believe a bracket is in the way. Didn't Ty try this already with no luck?

Jose

AC offers one? I ordered mine through an eBay autoparts shop. Learned the problem isn't the kit; rather my truck. Although I am working on a way to make it work. :sssh:

As for the AC CV axles, I love 'em! I've wheeled mine a few times (pretty hard, I might add) and have put almost 10,000km on 'em. As for the boots, I sprayed 'em with silicone spray before installation. I'm guessing that helped. :aok:

I installed the 2" AC All Rancho shocks and struts lift kit and I must say it just rocks!! Be sure to purchase to strut mounts and camber kits as well. This weeked I went I bought some new Pro Comp black 17x8 4.00 back spacing - rims and 4 new BF 265/70/17R AT KO tires. Didn't loose much power but the gas mileage did go down a bit. The fit is great and they look really tough on my 1998 Pathy. Decided to remove the step bars and mud flaps for some clearance and style. Looks very lifted now. With the white pathfinder and black Pro Comp rims, the vehicle looks very tough.

Anyone had any luck with the armor undercariage plating from www.4x4parts.com? This is my next purchase along with some Warn lockers.

Also looking for a great intake if anyone has any suggestions.

THX!!

Tim

Edited by Timmons

AC offers one? I ordered mine through an eBay autoparts shop. Learned the problem isn't the kit; rather my truck. Although I am working on a way to make it work. :sssh:

I don't think AC does. At least it's not on this page.

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/performance-oil-relocation-kits-c-367_333.html

Jose

The Oil Filter Relocation Kit that I bought wasn't from A/C. I got a recommendation from a buddy at the shop and am going to give it a shot. I'm still waiting on the part as it's been on back order but will have an update soon! I know that the biggest challenge will be the R50 itself but I'm gonna give it a shot just for fun!

In regards to the Skid Plates, I've had good luck with mine with the exception of the rear differential skid. I actually had to replace the first one and the second one was manufactured so poorly it didn't even fit. I didn't bother trying to return it and just took a loss on the part. My biggest issue with the front skid is having to remove it each time for an oil change. I've had to re-drill holes and as a result, thought that I would give the Oil Filter relocation kit a try.

Thanks for all the feedback. I think it would be great to get a good review post going for all aftermarket parts available for the R50. This way, we can all save each other a little bit of time and effort when it comes to testing.

I'd also like to mention that I've had great luck with the A/C lift, as its been great both on and off road. You win some, you loose some... :)