Search Ettiquette

Pezzy

It's not uncommon that a member is looking for something that may have already been discussed on the board...

My motor is getting tired and my RMS is leaking passenger side lifters are ticking bad so I'm thinking of swapping a new motor in i remember reading that the 3.3 is a direct bolt in and uses the same sensors and wiring harness, is this true and is there anything else i need to modify to make that engine fit and one other question i have pacesetter headers will they fit the 3.3?

You read the post, and realize, this has already been discussed. There are two ways you can 'help' this person.

:search:

Most people think of doing a search, but lets face it, the search function here isn't the greatest. Plainly suggesting they SEARCH is pretty useless to everyone.

go onto 4x4parts discussion board and search Chevyman_57 he has a very good writeup. I would link it to ya but this is not my primary computer.

If you know where the thread or information is, post a link. If you specifics about a thread, and don't have the time (or care) to search for it yourself, give the user a hand, tell them the specifics, who posted it, when, some specific terms they can use in the search.

This type of information is much more helpful, and friendly, especially to a new board users.

Now, can someone tell me the largest tires I can fit on my stock rig? :D

• Like 1

good suggestions for everyone

now about your other question,LOL

"Now, can someone tell me the largest tires I can fit on my stock rig? :D "

you can fit 44's just take the fenders off!! LOL

Agreed with everything. I've often chastised people for being unhelpful in the same manner, but then I like to chastise... :shrug:

Perhaps we should get rid of the emote to make it less tempting??

Now, can someone tell me the largest tires I can fit on my stock rig?

35 or 36" tires are a good fit. There will be some rubbing for the first 100 yards or so until the fenders are sucked in and torn off. After that you are golden!!

B

LMAO@the advice. Thanks!! biggrin.gif

smart ass questions get smart ass answers.

and I belive search ettiquette has been covered before search.gif lol JK

thanks for using my post as a sampe I actually thought I was letting the person down because I didn't have the link ready.

(I broke my main computer and the POS I was on doesn't surf very well)

I generally try to at least aim in the right direction... While being a moron. I do apolojize for when I is a jerk though.

And get some super thick spacer so the tires are past the fenders completly and you can run like 44s! Buy stock in wheel bearings!

Now, can someone tell me the largest tires I can fit on my stock rig? :D

It depends on if you are willing to hack up your fenders or not. You can probably stuff 34's in there with some modification, but if you don't want to take a sawsall to your truck, you better stick with 155/80R13's.

:popcorn:

Leave it to a bleeding heart Canuck to reach out to the under-educated. :stickwack:

In all actuality I really hate the search function on this board. I considered a "Search Nazi" logo, but I thought better of it. I learned the hard way. Buying way too many Pathfinders. The middle ground is murky. Search Nazis do have their place.

When searching don't forget to ask yourself this:

IMAG0171.jpg

Edited by KovemaN

Leave it to a bleeding heart Canuck to reach out to the under-educated. :stickwack:

Hey, he's the service manager @ my dealership, he wouldn't steer me wrong. :D

• 6 months later...

as a newbie, I have been afraid to ask too much so I tried the search and well....

So then I remembered a trick from our good friends at Google. I use google to search this site by doing the following:

If my question is: "what are the best biggest tires I can put on my stock rig?"

you just have to go to google and enter the question followed by "site:http://npora.ipbhost.com"

Like this: "what are the best biggest tires I can put on my stock rig site:http://npora.ipbhost.com"

Then google knows to limit the search to our forum. These are the results for that.

as a newbie, I have been afraid to ask too much so I tried the search and well....

So then I remembered a trick from our good friends at Google. I use google to search this site by doing the following:

you just have to go to google and enter the question followed by "site:http://npora.ipbhost.com"

Like this: "what are the best biggest tires I can put on my stock rig site:http://npora.ipbhost.com"

Then google knows to limit the search to our forum. These are the results for that.

wow, that's cool... with this we can bypass the freaking 3 letters limitation in the search engine....

Does it not work better to enter ALL the words you want to search in "quotes"??? If you search like this you get results based on the phrase you search with and not the individual words...no...????

Tye

Nice trick!! I'll be playing with that later, it'll be nice to find what you are looking for in minutes, not hours...

B

Can we make it manditory that every member read this thread and then take a comprehsion test on it?

AND NO POSTING WILL BE ALLOWED untill the member scores 100% on the comprehension test.

Edited by MY1PATH

• 2 years later...

I don't have a lot of experience in DIY maintenance for my Pathfinder and I think there could be a huge problem with my transmission. It's leaks the fluid as I pour it in and it may be something as simple as a blown gasket or it might be something way worse. I wanna start a new topic but I feel like this is a pretty easy to understand issue that has probably been discussed before, I just don't know how to find it. Can someone tell me where to look or if I should start a new topic?