Hydro Line Run

JUDGE

What is this crap.... any of you planning on doing an heart attack on the trail !??! don't count on me for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation! :ohno01:

hahahaha

BLASPHEMY!

You are speaking against the best invention man has ever made (well besides the Pathfinder)!

Okay fleury is not allowed on the trip anymore.

:happy:

There's nothing like frying bacon over an open fire, then cooking the eggs in the bacon fat! MMMMMM!!!! as long as we cook over COALS this time, eh Adam?! :rolleyes: That was a HUGE FIREBALL!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

LOL. That was so funny. But we were in such a hurry to eat. We really need to get together and make a list of who brings what or something. Unless its everyone fends for themselves?

I got some great canned bacon.

DSC02871.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

It is pre-cooked. All you have to do is heat it up a bit. AWESOME stuff ;)

Or I could bring some thick bacon I buy at costco:

DSC03113.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

We will plant this flag at the camp site so that people can find us if needed ;)

baconflag.jpg

:jig:

I'll follow you on the trail just in case you drop one of those cans ;)

I'll be going to PriceClub and gettin' the thick stuff!

Steph and I were thinking to just "fend for yourself" kinda deal...at least for the snacks and stuff...Unless a couple people nominate themselves to bring one item, like eggs, bacon, bread, coffee/tea, etc. I can raid the fridge at work and get a bunch of creamers and sugar pouches :coffee!: I know Adam has a propane cookstove we can use to heat water for coffee. I have a kettle for heating water, but if someone has another, it might be a good plan to bring a couple extras. I also have a huge cooler I can bring to store all the perishables in as well. Any other suggestions on who should bring what?

I really depends on who is going. And like normal, we will likely have people not showing up at the last minute. I would hate to buy food for people that do not show up or something that someone does not want to eat.

There are too many people from different places/forums to try and organize the food properly. Plus there is also the chance that some my not stay for the camp out.

Plus it can be a lot of food. Estimates are around 14 people or so now? That is a lot of money in food. We would have to buy enough for lunch sat, supper sat, breakfast sun and likely lunch sun. That is four complete meals. I have done big camp outs with other groups on the net before, but we were all on one forum and were able to organize things very easily that way. Not possible in this instance.

A few of us could get together and bring food just for the bunch of us. But I could see that as possibly pissing off the others who are not part of the food group if they see us all eating together and expect to get some themselves without having done any effort.

Too many problems.

Probably the best thing is to plan on bringing your own food. I have my own propane stove which I will likely bring to cook food which others could use if needed. I also have a small electric powered cooler for keeping stuff cold. Doesn't really need power as it is insulated, but I will likely plug it in during the day if it is very hot outside (to keep the bacon and drinks cool). We can probably share anything they have after providing for themselves.

Some things to think about.

I'm in agreement with Northern, bring for yourself and if you have some leftovers you want to share great. I have this odd feeling there will be plenty of BACON to go around therefor no one will go hungry. :D

I'm in agreement with Northern, bring for yourself and if you have some leftovers you want to share great. I have this odd feeling there will be plenty of BACON to go around therefor no one will go hungry. :D

I agree as well. No need for anyone to bring stuff for me on Saturday anyways as I will already have eaten beforehand. I will bring my stove, cast iron pan, a thing of eggs, bacon, bread and plastic cutlery. My cooler sucks (way to big for an overnighter) so I'm gonna try to borrow one but if not can I throw some in yours northern?

Anyone is more than welcome to share with me as I will have extra food. I'm sure it will work out.

Yeah you can throw it in mine. I just bought a second small cooler today. Better to have two small ones then one huge cooler.

I also bought a canister of propane for the weekend. Oh and a new griddle plate for my stove. The old plate was okay, but kept slipping around on the stove. This one is made by coleman and has feet to keep it in place, as well as a place for the grease and oil to collect into.

Everyone should make sure to bring a lantern as well. There never seems to be enough of them at a camp out. Flashlights are fine for walking around, but suck when trying to light up something unless someone is holding it all the time.

Edited by Northernpathy

I prefer a stove. Easier to control temp and you don't have to wait for someone to try and start a fire. Plus you want to be careful not to burn the bacon. That would be a crime against humanity! :ohmy:

People should also remember to bring portable food for lunch. Or at least prepare your lunch in the morning before we leave. I don't think we are going to re-setup camp just for lunch. Some egg and bacon sandwiches would make a great portable lunch.

BTW, did I say how much I love bacon? :jig:

I just picked up all my camping stuff for the weekend and put it in the truck. Not sure I will be sleeping in the truck with all the gear I am hauling. Most of it will go in the roof rack (it is made to do something other than just look cool), but I think I will still have a good amount in the truck. I have to keep the bacon safe ;)

I have the truck all loaded myself as well! I just have the food and beer :friday: to load on Saturday Morning. I think I will just go to Stittsville early and get some grub at the Loblaws; BACON, eggs, bread, blah blah blah, BACON! I am only gonna have to move one box to sleep in the back. I am SO stoked :jig: !

• 3 months later...