Hydro Line Run

JUDGE

Anybody for a run?!

How 'bout the hydro line via California Road. I'll throw in May 1st as a potential date. Thoughts and opinions...

P.S. Maybe we could even camp out!

Edited by JUDGE

The trail is Awesome. There are alot of different ways to navigate the trail from mildly extreme, to easy going. 90% of the trail is stock friendly (at least where we went). I am up for a run as well! Definitely an overnighter for sure!

duh....forgot one thing... I assumed it was near ottawa...but can someone give a google map point that would be near....(no need to show the trail entrance)..so i can evaluate the time to get there...

duh....forgot one thing... I assumed it was near ottawa...but can someone give a google map point that would be near....(no need to show the trail entrance)..so i can evaluate the time to get there...

Best place to search for (where we all met last year) is Pakenham, Ontario. The trail is roughly 1/2 hr. from there.

Google maps,

California, Ontario

Sounds good to me. Would give me time to get the tuck up to par. I still have a few little upgrades to do.

I have lots of camping gear we can use. No one better be a vegetarian or else they will starve (well I guess they could eat some grass).

As long as Adam stays in his tent at night it should be fine. But I will bring a bat just to make sure ;)

@nothernpathy LMFAO

This sounds like it could be fun hmmm hopefully truck doesnt break this time. I don't know if ill be up for the camping but im sure once i get out there ill probably want to spend the night.

I hope there is some technical spots on this trail i want to push my truck more to its limit.

Oh and Adam's coming I'll make sure I lock my doors for sure lol no sneaking around at night for him.....

It was already made clear I'm not going.

It wasn't on this forum.

There's always Sunday Adam... hell, leave the party at 8:30/9:00 and meet us at the camp site. We should be camping near a main road like last time. Up to you to make the most of the time you have.

It wasn't on this forum.

There's always Sunday Adam... hell, leave the party at 8:30/9:00 and meet us at the camp site. We should be camping near a main road like last time. Up to you to make the most of the time you have.

I might come at night...I don't think the party will run that late though. We will see.

I might come at night...I don't think the party will run that late though. We will see.

Good to hear!

The meeting point for the trip will be at Timmies in Stittsville. Final rendez-vous times are still undecided. I suggest meeting at Tims around 10:00 to allow us to be at the trail head by 11:00. Comments and suggestions are more than welcomed!

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest we bring lots of bacon to eat!

PrincessAuto has cast iron pans on sale next week, we should pick up a few for all the BACON I'm sure everybody will be bringing, hint hint nudge nudge...

I got some great canned bacon.

DSC02871.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

It is pre-cooked. All you have to do is heat it up a bit. AWESOME stuff ;)

Or I could bring some thick bacon I buy at costco:

DSC03113.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

We will plant this flag at the camp site so that people can find us if needed ;)

baconflag.jpg

:jig:

PrincessAuto has cast iron pans on sale next week, we should pick up a few for all the BACON I'm sure everybody will be bringing, hint hint nudge nudge...

I have a cast iron pan, the one I got for our last trip I will be sure to bring it!

There's nothing like frying bacon over an open fire, then cooking the eggs in the bacon fat! MMMMMM!!!! as long as we cook over COALS this time, eh Adam?! :rolleyes: That was a HUGE FIREBALL!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!